Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just recently purchased a 6x12 enclosed trailer for both mine and my dads motorcycle.

I've done some research and heard nothing but good things about the pitbull trailer restraint system so I've decided to go with that. Here's a link Pit Bull : Trailer Restraints

I do have a problem though, I've found one for my 1098, however, I'm having trouble finding one for my dads GS500. Do you guys know if there are any other bikes on the suzuki list that would fit the gS500 mount?

I've already emailed pitbull and I'm waiting for a reply, but perhaps theres an offchance that someone on this forum might know.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Does the GS500 have a hollow axle? Usually, the mount requires a hollow axle to attach the pins. On bikes like my old 919 (solid axle), I could swap out the F4i axle and then use the pins made for the F4i in the pit bull restraint. Perhaps you can do something similar with the GS500?

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I honestly have no idea, I'll have to take a look at it later today. I might just risk it and buy it, apparently its just a one size fits all suzuki pin, I just don't see the gs500 on the list.

NVM: Just got off the phone with pitbull, apparently I need to take some measurements and they'll make me a pin

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I wish there was someone else who's more accurate with their measurements who sent them in for the gS500. I feel like I'm going to screw this up and end up with a pin that wont fit. Accurate measurements are not my thing lol

The restraint system however looks awesome, everyone I've talked to who has used one just loves it.

·
Mediocre Strafer
9,137 Posts
Does the GS500 have a hollow axle? Usually, the mount requires a hollow axle to attach the pins. On bikes like my old 919 (solid axle), I could swap out the F4i axle and then use the pins made for the F4i in the pit bull restraint. Perhaps you can do something similar with the GS500?
From this shot it does not appear to be hollow. Don't know the exact model year under discussion.

KeS

·
Your friendly antagonist
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, it's a solid axle, but pitbull have an addon for the restraint that fits over the bolt that allows for the use of solid axle bikes with their system. I just need to take some measurements.

·
Registered
6,884 Posts
Good luck, I haven't used it but damn it looks super easy and nice. I hate seeing people at the track with that set up :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts