1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
766 Posts
I hate it when they do that shit. "Trade your gun for a turkey". Hell, give me your gun and I'll give you 5 turkeys...

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
I don't really see anything wrong with it.

I'm not very familiar with guns...but a Coolpix S52 is like a $200 camera. Isn't it possible that some people would have a gun worth less than that laying around that they don't use anymore??

I mean, I know that if I had a collection of guns and there was one that was low in value that I didn't really have much use for, I would probably turn it in to get a free camera...but that's just me I guess.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
They do this quite often through the years. Nothing wrong with it AND Toronto is recognized as one of the worst of gang shootings even in the most popular Toronto business streets or areas , though Montreal Quebec, to Vancouver B.C. tag in pretty well.

Also the Mayor of Toronto to the Primier of Ontario are always saying "Ban Handguns" to even a Liberal Prime Minister agreed only we fought the PM a bit & besides the Conservaties won a Federal Election some six yrs ago & they are NOT against h/guns, long bbl or shotguns.

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
Same stupid shit, different day. They'll get a bunch of broken and rusty guns that no one would have used anyway. A few "angry wife turns in husband's guns" cases. If (as they often do in order to avoid discouraging people from bringing their guns in) it's a "no questions asked" buyback, they'll get a bunch of guns used in unsolved crimes, that then can't be used as evidence anymore.

They'll spend a bunch of other people's (taxed) money to do it, and prevent no crimes thereby. Hooray for government effectiveness.

PhilB

·
Silent pipes take lives
12,981 Posts
The should be trying to get some of these motor vehicles off of the streets. They kill far more people every year than guns do.

How about a "hummers for Hummers" program? They could hire some of the local "talent."

1 - 12 of 12 Posts