Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was :urowned by the X9.

Now in my defense, I am still in the break-in period on my motorcycle and the X9 is the sport bike of italian scooters.

I was on the highway yesterday cruising around 70mph and a guy on this scooter comes along side, gives me a nod and zips off. Not to be embarrassed by a scooter, I quickly caught up with him. That is until he hit his exit. I thought it was Rossi on the thing the way he dropped a knee into the corner of the offramp and sped off. I was left :surprised

I stopped for a Slurpee and cruised back home. Ah the brainfreeze on a hot day.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
U might wanna think about seeing if a mod will delete this thread and not telling this story to anybody else again cuz that was just :gay

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
GixxerJRG said:
U might wanna think about seeing if a mod will delete this thread and not telling this story to anybody else again cuz that was just :gay

:eek:nfloor :eek:nfloor

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
Bomb300 said:
I was :urowned by the X9.

Now in my defense, I am still in the break-in period on my motorcycle and the X9 is the sport bike of italian scooters.

LAME EXCUSE!!! The X9 is no sport scooter, it is just a maxi scooter! Sport scooters are something like a Gilera Runner, or an Aprilia Leonardo, but not a maxi scooter.

In fact, maxi scooters are designed to be good within the city and be capable of touring, but not to go fast.

A Gilera Runner is a quite different beast, they can even be wheelied and stunted.

You Sr, got owned by a tourer maxi scooter :urowned

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
snigg said:
you're still breaking in a 1996 zx6? :rolleyes
Oh no. I sold the ZX6R over the weekend and picked up a 05 YZF600RTS for $5999.

No, this isn't my first bike but my 3rd. The first was a 1985 Honda VF1000R and then the 1996 Kawa Ninja ZX6R. My new bike has less than 50 miles on it and the sales manager was very adamant about NOT carving any corners until whatever that funky stuff on the new tires wears off.

To think I almost bought a X9. :popcorn

·
Registered
525 Posts
The only way to clean that "funky stuff" off the tires i s to lean it over a little bit more each time you go around a corner. It won't ever come off if it doesn't get scrubbed on the asphalt.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
zx11_12 said:
The only way to clean that "funky stuff" off the tires i s to lean it over a little bit more each time you go around a corner. It won't ever come off if it doesn't get scrubbed on the asphalt.

Working on it. A little bit each day. :dblthumb

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
In his defense...you all have to understand the craze of scooters out here. They will stretch those things out and throw NOS on them. No shit. I've seen those things do 70+ and that's the smaller version.

Was it an older dude riding it? I saw a guy last week on something like that behind me leaning that thing WAY over. Thought he was going to dump it.

·
ZRO BLNG
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rascus said:
In his defense...you all have to understand the craze of scooters out here. They will stretch those things out and throw NOS on them. No shit. I've seen those things do 70+ and that's the smaller version.

Was it an older dude riding it? I saw a guy last week on something like that behind me leaning that thing WAY over. Thought he was going to dump it.
Rascus to the rescue. I'll roll those pennies for your bike fund myself. :banana Yeah, there are scooter clubs and these guys have theirs pimped out with chrome wheels and exhaust, nitrous, LEDs, etc.

The rider had a helmet on so I couldnt tell if he was older or not.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Rascus said:
Its still a scooter :bitchslap

·
Registered
261 Posts
Bomb300 said:
Yeah, there are scooter clubs and these guys have theirs pimped out with chrome wheels and exhaust, nitrous, LEDs, etc.
For the love of God please tell me you are joking.. AT LEAST about the nitrous.. Though the other stuff is pretty funny to picture too. :eek:nfloor

·
Don't tease the dragon
1,193 Posts
You guys can laugh all you want - but realize that thre are many scooters out there capable of going over 100, and though they lack acceleration, the riders tend to learn to carry speed through the corners to make up for it..
I passed several bikes this past weekend while riding an Atlantic 500.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
At least he had the balls to admit he got beat by a scoter unlike the rest of you that would hide any evidence you got beat by grandma on a scooter.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts