Sport Bikes banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's (very) early in the riding season, but perhaps our folks on the west coast might be able to help out here (bastards that can still ride in January! ha!)

Has anyone ridden on the new Michelin Pilot Road 4's yet and how do you like them/how do they compare to the PR3's? or are they not even out/available yet?

Going to be needing new tires this season, and I know the PR3's were well reviewed. Another 20% in mileage sounds even better.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I watched the video review of them at Revzilla where they had PR4's sitting atop PR3's, and either they had two different sizes, or the profiles of the PR4's seem drastically different than the PR3's. The front looks like it has much more of a rounded profile, versus a more triangular profile of old. The rear wasn't as different.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
For what it's worth, CompAcc is advertising a set of them for $323.98 (for a 190 rear, $308.98 for a 180), and lists them as 'in stock' and usually ships within 24 hours.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
I know it's (very) early in the riding season, but perhaps our folks on the west coast might be able to help out here (bastards that can still ride in January! ha!)

Has anyone ridden on the new Michelin Pilot Road 4's yet and how do you like them/how do they compare to the PR3's? or are they not even out/available yet?

Going to be needing new tires this season, and I know the PR3's were well reviewed. Another 20% in mileage sounds even better.
I've got them on. They are, indeed, a rounder profile tire. I prefer the more V shape, but it's not terrible. Wet weather performance is awesome, as expected. No clue on tire life as I literally just put them on last week.

I paid $310 at Revzilla, and then got $15 in their rewards back from it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. Looking forward to an updated report as you put some miles on them. Any other ride characteristics you can comment on so far? (other than wet performance). Turn in with the rounder profile? Cornering grip/feedback?

Looking to put these on my ZX-7R, which is a pig and has a hard time holding a line to begin with. Of all the tires I've had on it so far, I really liked the Pilot Powers, so hoping these are even better.

On the other hand, I see Motorcycle-Superstore is having a daily deal on a Pilot Power Pure 180 rear for $79.99!!! decisions decisions.

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
I have them. The profile is a bit round and I also would prefer a more v but that's my bad for not doing enough canyon time. Grip seems.great when upright and mixed results on leans but I think I hit some gravel nd slicks today. I've been spending a midweek around idyllwild and big bear. I hope my wheel is off balance but I do have vibrations at 100+ mph...I will get them rebalanced when I get home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts