Sport Bikes banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post some pics of the new '03 Z1000 I bought a couple weeks ago. So far the only mods are the Scorpion pipes and integrated taillight/turnsignals. This bike is an absolute blast to ride. Very fast and nimble.

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
For a second there, I thought by saying "Z" you meant a "Z-Car", e.g. 300ZX, 350Z.

Nevermind. Nice bike! Big fan of the rims matching the fairings and tank!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I thought you meant 350Z. This is cooler, nice

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
That's funny because I was thinking 350Z as well. Anyway, cool bike. I'd definately take one if I found a good deal.

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
Nissan never crossed my mind! :twofinger

nice looking bike. i really like the looks of those things. real tough.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Nice bike LM. I've actually debated on buying a Z1000. I was wondering how bad do you get beat up from the lack of wind protection and do you find the bike comfortable on long rides and what is this in comparison to? Thanks a lot man an enjoy the new ride!

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jake said:
Nice bike LM. I've actually debated on buying a Z1000. I was wondering how bad do you get beat up from the lack of wind protection and do you find the bike comfortable on long rides and what is this in comparison to? Thanks a lot man an enjoy the new ride!
My other bike is a 1998 YZF600R and i had an SV650 before that. So there's no real comparison in terms of power between the Z and my other two bikes. It has 125 hp and 70 lb-ft of torque so it pulls much harder than the other two at any rpm. It's a little weak right of idle but above 3500 rpm it pulls hard. Above 7000 rpm its a rocket ship. In terms of handling, it feels like you can toss the thing anywhere. It's relatively light for a naked(493 lbs wet) and it has a short wheel base so low speed manuvers are a breeze. Brakes are strong. Not quite as strong as the YZF600R (which has the older R1 type monoblocks) but very good none the less.
The wind blast kind of sucks above 80 mph, especially when I'm wearing my textile jacket instead of the mesh. I'm 5'11" tall and the wind hits me right at my shoulders so when you're really accelerating you definitely have to hang on tight. I haven't taken it on any rides over 100 miles but it is fairly comfortable. With a taller windscreen and a softer seat I think it's be great for long rides.

·
Registered
376 Posts
that is an amazing canyon carving machine. you have gotta love kawi and their style. very nice rims. imo that bike is perfect off the show room floor. doesnt it come with a duel forked exhaust stock? why change it?

p.s. nissan can kiss my arse this is a bike forum if you wana post up pics of crappy cars go to a ricer web site imo. no offense to any nisan owners.

·
Registered
670 Posts
my buddy has that bike in black...sexy bike aside from the ugly ass stock exhaust. other than that its badass too bad he wont let me ride it :(

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Doraf said:
that is an amazing canyon carving machine. you have gotta love kawi and their style. very nice rims. imo that bike is perfect off the show room floor. doesnt it come with a duel forked exhaust stock? why change it?

p.s. nissan can kiss my arse this is a bike forum if you wana post up pics of crappy cars go to a ricer web site imo. no offense to any nisan owners.
Yeah it comes stock with quad mufflers but they are heavy as hell and make the bike sound like a blender. With the Scorpions, it sounds as mean as it looks. The way it should be. Not to mention since the stock exhaust has catalytic converters in the mufflers they are very restrictive as well. I would have liked to stay with the 4 muffler look but the cheapest aftermarket 4 muff slip-on I've found costs about $1100. Way too much.

Here is a picture stock:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I used to have one

they are a blast to ride. Here are some pics on what you can do to this bike I used to have one but I sold it. the bike in the parking lot is mine it was stock.

Attachments

·
Enlightened
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I love the way the Z in the bottom right corner looks. I would love to find those radiator side covers and engine side covers.

·
Registered
40 Posts
that is a beautiful pumpkin,
all this time i have been looking at cherry red ducati tomatoes and blackberry speed triples but that pumpkin Z is a prize winning blue ribbon fair treat.

have fun,
regards,
m.a.d.

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice looking bike

·
Registered
83 Posts
bpmull said:
That's funny because I was thinking 350Z as well. Anyway, cool bike. I'd definately take one if I found a good deal.
How 'bout a REAL 350Z? :devil

·
The Ugly TwatWaffle
8,369 Posts
That's a pretty sharp looking bike you got there!!

·
Official E-Thug
1,689 Posts
As soon as I can afford it... My 636 is gonna be straight up track duty and I'm buying a z1000, seems like the best all around bike to me. Better than a cruiser, more comfortable than a sportbike!

and it just looks freakin sweeeeett

1 - 19 of 19 Posts