Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Where's my bike???
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that I want as many people on the boards to see as possible!

Kinda brutal, but the message is loud & clear.

BSR

·
KH, Rest In Peace Brother
20,852 Posts
Good post!!!

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Good post.

Hawaii is the +1 state in motorcycle fatalities. Mainly due to no helmet law. In a one month period we had 6 or so deaths. Only one were wearing their helmets.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Picture make sense. I don't ever harp on people who don't wear gear when they ride ( jacket,pants,boots and gloves etc..) But not wearing a helmet is down right stupid. I went to college in Connecticut ( no helmet law ) and whenever we rode I would be for the most part the only guy with a helmet on. The worst part was that guys from Conn. all had friends that got killed while riding because they didn't have a helmet on but that sure didn't stop them from continuing to ride without a helmet.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I don't care how you feel about them, helmet laws save lives.

I have always been very opinionated about stupid laws and government intrusion. Helmets laws are one of the exceptions I make. I think they should be manadatory in all states.

It isn't just idiots that don't ride with helmets. We all have lapses in judgement. I know for a fact that if there wasn't a helmet law in California I would be prone to "just running up the street" sans helmet. I am glad that this law prevents me from taking this risk.

:cheers to helmets!

·
Registered
72 Posts
mj31 said:
Picture make sense. I don't ever harp on people who don't wear gear when they ride ( jacket,pants,boots and gloves etc..) But not wearing a helmet is down right stupid. I went to college in Connecticut ( no helmet law ) and whenever we rode I would be for the most part the only guy with a helmet on. The worst part was that guys from Conn. all had friends that got killed while riding because they didn't have a helmet on but that sure didn't stop them from continuing to ride without a helmet.

for real, most people dont give a fucc, my buddies watched my wreck doing a wheelie and fucc myself up bad, 2 months later im back on the road and they still all ride wheelies, if i saw some shyt like that happen to someone else i would prolly rethink my choices..........but yea people i know got killed cuz of no helmet and their friends still dont wear one........dont make no damn sense to me, arent we all supposed to learn from each other??

·
Registered
18 Posts
On 4th of July I saw this punk bastard copllege student riding his new R1 in shorts,wifebeater,shades and sandles with a girl similarly dressed on the back. When I left the parade I walked passed to admire the R1 and it was missing mirrors and lights and all scraped up already, so he has wrecked and still does stupid shit like this, give sportriders a bad image.

·
Registered
119 Posts
In ohio, you are only required to wear a helmet for the first year of having your license. Ohio averages 136 motorcycle deaths per year..

·
Fitshaced
1,888 Posts
^^^ what he said. THe thing about it is I wear my helmet everytime I ride. I'll pass 50 people on bikes and maybe 2 will have helmets. Yet 5 will have leather jackets on with sunglasses.

·
Bring It!
935 Posts
Helmets= :phatyo :banana

No Helmet= :squid :bitchslap :chair

Good Post. I'm saving that pic.

·
King of Oilernation
1,237 Posts
As always, safety is the riders choice. But with all the horrible pics, stories and personal tragedies, why wouldn't someone wear their helmet?????????????????? My neighbors wife(43 yrs old., not really close with them) just died 3 weeks ago when they were riding and hit a slick spot. No helmet, her head hit the ground and she was dead within minutes. That was her only injury besides very minor scratches.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Dan'sR1 said:
As always, safety is the riders choice. But with all the horrible pics, stories and personal tragedies, why wouldn't someone wear their helmet?????????????????? My neighbors wife(43 yrs old., not really close with them) just died 3 weeks ago when they were riding and hit a slick spot. No helmet, her head hit the ground and she was dead within minutes. That was her only injury besides very minor scratches.
Such a shame. We all know you can die from a head injurie at any speed. It's do bad she did not have a helmet on.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
to wear or not wear gear (helmet included) is a personal choice as long as you're not breaking the law i don't care if peeps wear gear or not - it's their choice and we shouldn't be flameing peeps for not wearing gear if they don't want to .... that's the beauty of this country (USA) we have the right to choose.... and although i may not agree with some peoples choices i will defend their right to make those choices as long as they are legal and moraley (sp?) sound...
people have the right to be stupid in this country.... it's called Darwinism.....

·
Where's my bike???
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
badgixxer said:
to wear or not wear gear (helmet included) is a personal choice as long as you're not breaking the law i don't care if peeps wear gear or not - it's their choice and we shouldn't be flameing peeps for not wearing gear if they don't want to .... that's the beauty of this country (USA) we have the right to choose.... and although i may not agree with some peoples choices i will defend their right to make those choices as long as they are legal and moraley (sp?) sound...
people have the right to be stupid in this country.... it's called Darwinism.....
I didn't post the picture to flame the degenerates that chose not to wear helemets, but to encourage them into wearing one.

Expect the best, but be prepared for the worst.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
BSR423 said:
I didn't post the picture to flame the degenerates that chose not to wear helemets, but to encourage them into wearing one.

Expect the best, but be prepared for the worst.
didn't think you were flaming the idiots i mena peeps that don't wear gear.... :beer

1 - 20 of 28 Posts