Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
No Whammy No Whammy STOP!
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have done a lot to my bike and finally got my digital camera back from being repaired, so I snapped a few pics:

Before:

Attachments

·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All the work was done by me in my garage:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Very cool! Nice work.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Cool.

Looks TONS newer now.

·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On and off for the past 5 months. Mostly on time, but the paint took 3 weeks, the YZF conversion took maybe a week. The rest of the stuff only took maybe a few hours.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
what year is that and it looks very nice good job never mind the year i just saw it sorry

·
Registered
279 Posts
We definatly need to know where you got the tail conversion...I'm looking at FZR's for the next bike but i hate that fat ass its got stock!Your bike looks amazing!

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
very nice....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I like it alot...my buddy has a 1995 YZF600, and I was just wondering, is that tail end off an R6? Where did u get that tail off of, b/c it looks f*cking awesome. My hat is off to you.

·
Registered
346 Posts
!!!Kennedy!!! said:
We definatly need to know where you got the tail conversion...I'm looking at FZR's for the next bike but i hate that fat ass its got stock!Your bike looks amazing!
pretty sure its an actual YZF tail and fender

·
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its 99-02 R6 tail (seats and all) with a 97-current YZF600R tank. 2003 R1 brakes, Airtech hugger, Daytona steering damper, and a bunch of other stuff. The paint scheme is mimicing the 2003 R6's. I didnt put on any graphics because Im going to repaint it again at the end of the season. This is just a spray paint job that I did. Ran me $67 for the whole bike (minus the tank) inside and out. Lots of prep work, then lots of wet sanding, and lots of polishing compound and hand glaze.

I could probably wax it now because its been a month, but whats the point? Its just going to get replaced in a few months anyways with some real paint.

·
Registered
522 Posts
sweet, reminds me of one of my old co-workers ow-01 FZR750R

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Looks great.

What made you decide to switch it over? Personally I like to the orginal just as much as the new one

·
Void where prohibited
248 Posts
That looks awesome! Great job!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Cant lie...It looks awesome. Even more so, I like a biker who does their own work and makes it come out good. Congrats.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts