Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got one more good ride in before I head back to class (today). A good friend (Andy - TLR1000) and I rode out to the Buchanan Dam about 45 mins from Austin. We tried to go out on the dam (I'd been out there before and it's kinda un-nerving) but it's been closed due to 9/11? Fucking gay. Anyway, here are a few pics from the ride. The lake is filled to capacity, hence the water being so close to the top of the spill-way.

http://host41.hrwebservices.net/~wacostr/temp/drew/buchanandam/

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
Excellent pics...What kind of animals were those in the water??...

Oh, beware...You might here some things about wheelies and tennis shoes...

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
FunCrusher said:
Looks like a turtle and two manatees (sp)
That's what I was thinking...I know I've got Manatees in packs over here in Florida, so Texas wouldn't be a far stretch for them to go?? :confused:

·
Registered
691 Posts
nice pics.
Manatees are pretty large animals. I just thought those were two fish and a turtle.

·
Resident Freak
1,637 Posts
If those are manatees, that's one big-ass turtle...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big15 said:
nice pics.
Manatees are pretty large animals. I just thought those were two fish and a turtle.
You would be correct sir, just two fish and a turtle, although there were a handful of other fish and more turtles at that spot. Seems they are people-fed, when we were leaning over the railing they came over and started begging almost :) Not sure what kind of fish they were but a couple of them were almost 2ft long!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
L8 Braker said:
Excellent pics...What kind of animals were those in the water??...

Oh, beware...You might here some things about wheelies and tennis shoes...

Thanks for the comments on the pics :)

Yeah I know... gotta love the gear nazis... :twofinger

·
Registered
47 Posts
Nice pics. Damn, those TL's are some huuuge bikes. That guy seems pretty big and that bike dwarfs him.

On another note, what kind of shirt are you wearing? Looks like it has padding, but not much abrasion resistance. Just curious.

Zack

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
Those look like two bigmouth bass.

Sounds like a fun trip. Glad you enjoyed yourself :)

·
Super Moderator
18,633 Posts
StretchNutz said:
Thanks for the comments on the pics :)
:twofinger
No need to thank, the ride you went on seems to be quite awesome, and I'm more than jealous...

Just get some boots :twofinger

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
nice looking pics, looks like a fun ride.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zack27 said:
Nice pics. Damn, those TL's are some huuuge bikes. That guy seems pretty big and that bike dwarfs him.

On another note, what kind of shirt are you wearing? Looks like it has padding, but not much abrasion resistance. Just curious.

Zack
Yeah his TL is quite the beast... especially compared to my R6!

The jacket is actually pretty nice, it's a Vanson Ventilator (Vanson's mesh jacket, and you know Vanson makes some good stuff...)

http://www.vansonleathers.com/product_pages/jackets/ventilator.htm

·
Registered
149 Posts
StretchNutz said:
You would be correct sir, just two fish and a turtle,
DoH!,lol Though a little far fetched i didnt think i just saw,lol it does look like a manatee though,lol.
maybe cause im in florida everything looks like a manatee to me,suvas,fish,women,I needa get it out my head :twofinger :hshot
None the less,nice pics once again,That jacket seems extremely thin looks good though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The fish are probably carp. I grew up in TX and there is lots of them in TX. At Joe Pool lake there is a marina where you can go feed the carp with bread and stuff.

They're pretty much considered a trash fish though. No one eats them, or fishes for them or anything. Sometimes they get big enough you can go bow fishing for them. :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
eat something slim shady, u don't have to throw it up. lol

nice yamaha. maybe someday i';ll get one. seeing how the RF is forsale already, maybe next year

1 - 20 of 23 Posts