Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Everytime Rossi left the pits he'd pick his wedgie haha

Met some really cool guys camping that shared all their food and alcohol, this Polish vodka ZU is supposedly the best on earth. It had a very interesting taste. Can't import it though because it contain a blood thinner

They all also let me ride their scooters around. I had never ridden one, what a blast

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Colin's leathers were sweet

Dovi and Crutchlow came to our suite (group was through a Ducati dealer in Winchester) and did autographs and pics. Still waiting on the pic they took to come in an email

The XDL stunt show was really cool

Best angle of the umbrella girls lol

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Thank you for this! Been wondering if it would be worth the trip. I haven't been there since I was a kid and went to see drag races with my family. But that looks really awesome! :cheers

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If there's anything you'd like to see more pics of or hear about just let me know. It was an 8 hour drive and definitely worth it. You can't beat $50 for 4 nights of camping right across the street from the track. I didn't make it downtown for the flat track race but I hear it was really cool.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
What sort of access did you get and how much did it cost? How many days were you there? (Sorry if you've already answered these questions elsewhere)

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The suites were on "gasoline alley" most of which are vip but the last ten including the one I was in were nonvip, what the difference is I'm not sure. The group also had 10 pit passes to share between 40 or so people. Breakfast and lunch was served in the box everyday, the tickets were for Friday Saturday and Sunday. And did I mention free beer? :beer: The package was $450

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Don't get me started about beer :D (Let's just say I hope I could bring my own)

That's not bad! Definitely looking into this at some point in the future.

Great pics! Feel free to post more. :)

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
is that you drinking beer?

If so, yer a skinny looking little carpenter shit just like me! :laugh

I wish Canada still had a GP. . .I'd hitchhike there if I had to.

·
Registered
10,734 Posts
If there's anything you'd like to see more pics of or hear about just let me know. It was an 8 hour drive and definitely worth it. You can't beat $50 for 4 nights of camping right across the street from the track. I didn't make it downtown for the flat track race but I hear it was really cool.
Could always stand to see/hear about umbrella girls. :D

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
If there's anything you'd like to see more pics of or hear about just let me know. It was an 8 hour drive and definitely worth it. You can't beat $50 for 4 nights of camping right across the street from the track.
That's exactly where I stayed when I went in 2010. I camped for the weekend there with the DesmOhio club. I agree, great choice.

I didn't make it downtown for the flat track race but I hear it was really cool.
Oh man! I strongly recommend that to anyone who goes. That was really the highlight of the trip when I went. That year, the races were great. Nicky Hayden did some seriously fun and fast demo laps on a flat-track Ducati. And we watched the races close to, and shared beers with, Gary Nixon and **** Doohan and several mechs and techs from some of the MotoGP teams.

PhilB

1 - 20 of 23 Posts