Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all!!!
Here are pics from my pathetic performance on the track with the R6. :lao
No, really it was sad...I stayed in third gear the majority of the time. But it was my first time so I am ok with it!!! Next time I'll do "better". The important this was that I had a blast!!! Anyone thinking about doing it should do it...you would not believe how much you can learn that will really help your street riding!!!
Learning Curves has a ladies only track day...any ladies around here, check it out!!!
www.learningcurves.com

Attachments

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
all that counts is that you:
A - had fun
B - learned something
C - brought it home in one piece

:dblthumb

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh exactly. I wasn't going to go out there and trash my bike due to ignorance!!!
There is plenty of time, I will have many more track days...My main objective was to learn techniques and NOT scare the crap out of myself, I already have minimal confidence I didn't want to shake it. So now I can practice what I learned on the street. Mainly body positioning and braking. Once I get comfortable with the new things I learned, I'll do better - both on the track and the street. Racing minis and riding the R6....money well spent!!!
Oh, and thanks again to Sexyicecold and Malik for the pics!!! You guys are the greatest!!!

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Awesome!! Glad you had a good time and you were absolutely right about not riding balls to the wall out there (not that we have balls :lao) but I have done 2 trackdays so far and I still suck! :lol

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
WTF? A ladies only day? Coached by three MALE instuctors. These guys are good. Real good.

Anyway. What type of suit is that in the first pic? Looks good. What do you need to bring for a good track day? Some people say that you should also have close to 5,000 miles of experience before you go to your first track day, not sure what your opinon if this is...

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My leather? It's an AGV. As far as mileage goes, I had 7k on my 6 the day we went to the track, then I think I had 4k on the Ninja 250.... I don't know, the track is a totally different experience. It's easier than you would think, but scary as hell all at the same time. I think if you are confident with your skills, try the track...never can tell....

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Wow. Your perseverence is amazing! A huge lesson to me in the bike world... because when you fall down, or are scared, you've gotta get back on that bike whether you want to or not.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
I've only put 5k+ miles on my Ninja 250 and have done 2 trackdays so far.

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'd like to do track days but aren't they around $150-200 for one day,?

And you have to prep your bike :)

·
That's Mrs. Hawker 2U!
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Captal said:

Very true, but it is so worth the money. It's not just going around on the track, you get some instruction for the price. Hell, not only did I learn a TON of stuff, but my bike's suspension got properly adjusted too, which in turn made me ride better. In the end, like instruction for anything, can you really put a pricetag on knowledge??? I can't.
Even if you only do it once, it's worth it.
Bike prep? hmmm, let's see....some safety wire, tape over headlight/tail light and ensure I had 50% of the tire left...30 minutes later I was ready for the track...The prep is the easy part.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
Captal said:

it may well be that much. but it will add yrs to your riding skill. and you can work on improving all diff. aspects of your riding.

many of my friends don't ride the street anymore, all they ride is track, cuz it's so addicting.

you also realize how little "you know" and your need to get better.

·
$460 gets a Japbike
676 Posts
Congratulations Tammy..Woot Woot!!!
Looks and sounds like you had a great time........

·
Registered
804 Posts
Great pics and glad you had fun at your first track day. I really sucked my first time, but it gets better each time you go.

:)

·
Registered
370 Posts
I can't wait till I'm ready to do a trackday!!! How long have you been riding? I figured maybe after I had been riding a year, I would be ready. Regardless of your speed, you looked great!!!

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
nice pics Tammy, that looked suspiciously like black hawk farm. when was the ladies day? the first pic looks like turn 4, when we were there over mothers day, we were pitted right behind the corner workers station. we had an awesome view! your pics look great and now, just go out there as much as you can. i'll send you an email for when we are going to be there next (soon, vetty vetty soon)

·
Are we not men?
9,012 Posts
Definately looks like Blackhawk, when were you there? I went to the Keith Code school on 5/31. Damn, what a hoot! It's a 3hr. drive home from there, and I was still smiling from ear to ear!. When I got home, I was telling my wife how I could easily get addicted to track riding (she knows how much I still miss racing).

I'll post some pix when I get them from the photographer.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Lookin' good girl! I would love to try it out a couple times........someday....

Cj

1 - 20 of 21 Posts