Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I can't wait!!!
Been riding a 92 Katana 600 for the past 2 seasons but this season I've spent more time fixing it than riding. All last week I've had problems and on Tuesday I barely made it to the dealer. While I loved the titanium Ninja, I wasn't too crazy about the riding position. When I got on the ZZR I was in love, Just felt like I belonged on this bike. I'm hoping to go through the break in period quick so I can really ride her!!!
Went with my wife and the first thing she asked was if the signals could be changed out. :lol
Let the mods begin.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Pic of my new toy

Here it is at the dealer,my wife was taking pic's of it while I was filling out the paperwork. I was going to bring velvet ropes with me so noone could touch it before I pick it up :lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Well when you do pick it up tomorrow, congrats on the new ride Gear Dog!!! I've never read anything about the zzr 600, nor have I talked to anyone who owns one, but seeing how it is a kawi it has to be a great bike!!! :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an '04 500 R for my first bike.

I've put nearly 1500 miles this past month, and I can't enjoy riding enough. But I already am looking forward to what I'll get next spring in it's place.

I was looking at a ZZR 600.

You obviously enjoy it. Any majors pluses or minuses in your pinon? Would it be too much for a newer rider to move up to (I figure the miles I'll ride will combat that)?

Also, do you know why it is considered a streetbike and not a sportbike?

Anyways, happy & safe riding.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I've een slacking only 370 miles but I'm loving every minute. I was told when you are comfortable riding it's time to go back to the basics so you don't get careless. I learned on a 600 so if you feel you are up to it go for it. The ride is very comfortable and the throttle responce is smooth. Don't know the specifics on the class but the clip ons are higher than the Ninja. One thing is for sure the insurance is cheaper because of the classification.
Good Luck

·
Registered
62 Posts
Im looking at this same bike, will be moving up from a 500r. I too sat on one and fell in love. Exactly the riding position i was looking for. Not quite as upright as the 500r but not as aggresive and uncomfortable as the zx6r.

only thing that troubled me was the carbs... anyone had problems out of carbs on the older model bikes. i mean what was the main reason all went to FI?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ahh the zx6r oops I mean the ZZR. Great bike I have owned one for 4 years. Can't go wrong with it. I still love the bike. Hack off that ugly rear fender with a hacksaw and drill some short stalks right in to the side of the trunk. Also targa seat cowls look great on the '00-'02 zx6r I MEAN ZZR! I am a little bitter that I paid 8k out the door for the same bike in '01. Except I still get to pay higher insurance on the same bike because of classification!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts