Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know a few of you are trying to learn photoshop like myself(I suck) so I thought maybe there should be a thread of a photoshoped pic and an explanation on how you did it, so others can practice. This might be a dumb idea but maybe some people will contribute.

For this one, I used a tutorial shich was very helpful.

1. Create a new RGB image to work with. The example is 325x125, Resolution 72, and has a black background.

2. Choose a Bright Green color as your foreground and Black for your background color.

3. Choose Edit -> Fill -> Background Color to fill the background layer with black.

4. Select the Type Tool and choose the the Type Mask Tool from the Options bar at the top of your screen (in earlier versions, drag to the right on the Type Tool icon). Next click inside the document and type any text you want (choose any font or size you like). Click the Check mark in the Options bar to finalize the text layer (OK in older versions).

5. Choose Edit-> Fill-> Forground Color (the green).

Go to Select-> Feather 2 pixels

7. Choose Filter-> Blur-> Radial Blur (100, Zoom, Best)

8. Without deselecting, repeat step # 7. (Press CTRL+F)

Now, Select-> Inverse and repeat step # 7 again... Filter-> Blur-> Radial Blur (100, Zoom, Best)

I am giving credit for this great tutorial to http://www.absolutecross.com/tutorials/photoshop/text/alien-text/

Great work, even a noob like me can do a little somethin in Photoshop:)

Ok i will post one that I did once I can get this stupid attachment thing working.

Edit: ok all is good now, here it is. I am still trying =)

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
This one is pretty easy. I took a copy of the picture and converted it to grayscale. Then took a the origional in color and used the "Background eraser tool" to cut out the bike from the enviroment. Then convert the image that was grayscale back to RGB. Copy the color cutout of the bike and paste it onto the gray picture. As long as the scale didn't change between the pics the colored bike should overlay the gray one perfectly.

presto....

Attachments

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is one I just "did", no reason for it, just trying stuff out, Gimp should post some of his stuff here.....Rob too ;)

Awsome stuff Sirkbac, i am definitly gonna give that a try

Attachments

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bah, I can't seem to do the last step, I cna never get the text in the exact same place as the original, it is always above it and doesn't look like it should.

http://www.absolutecross.com/tutorials/photoshop/effects/4way-fire/

1. Create a blank image and fill the background with black. Press X on the keyboard (to flip colors) and then select the Type Tool -- type whatever you want, press OK.
There is an extra step to do if you are using version 5 of Adobe Photoshop (users of earlier versions don't need to worry about this step). The problem is due to Photoshop 5's new "Dynamic Text Layers" inability to be directly edited on. So, all you have to do is CTRL+Click on the text layer after making it to get the text's selection (you may delete the dynamic text layer afterward), and fill the selection on a new layer with white.

To center the text on your image, press CTRL+A-> CTRL+X-> CTRL+V and then press CTRL+E to merge the text layer into the background layer.

2. Next, use Filter-> Stylize-> Wind with the settings "Wind" and "from the left". Press CTRL+F to apply the same filter over again a second time. Now use another Filter-> Stylize-> Wind, but this time with the settings "Wind" and "from the right". Press CTRL+F to re-apply, just like before.

3. The next step is to repeat the same process we applied to the sides, but this time to the top and bottom. Since there isn't a "top or bottom" option in the wind dialog box, we will turn the image itself around. Use Image-> Rotate Canvas-> 90 CCW. Apply the wind just like before, two on the left and two on the right. When you have completed this task, use Image-> Rotate Canvas>90 CW in order to straighten your work up.

4. Apply Filter-> Blur-> Gaussian Blur with a value of 2, then Filter-> Distort-> Ripple with the default values.

5. Convert the image to Grayscale by using Image-> Mode-> Grayscale and then to Image-> Mode-> Indexed Color. The next step is to give our image some color, so choose Image-> Mode-> Color Table. Since we're shooting for a "fire effect" choose the Black Body table.

6. Last Step: make our text a bit more legible. Choose the Text Tool & press D on your keyboard. Use/type the same words you used earlier (use the same font size and type) click OK, position the text in the middle and say "Wow!".

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Sirkbac said:
This one is pretty easy. I took a copy of the picture and converted it to grayscale. Then took a the origional in color and used the "Background eraser tool" to cut out the bike from the enviroment. Then convert the image that was grayscale back to RGB. Copy the color cutout of the bike and paste it onto the gray picture. As long as the scale didn't change between the pics the colored bike should overlay the gray one perfectly.

presto....
That is one sessy bike in your av... :)

·
Super Moderator
18,634 Posts
That's some bad azz stuff...I suck at photoshop, but I think I'm going to start practicing...

·
Registered
222 Posts
mtnryder said:
That is one sessy bike in your av... :)
Thanks, this is the full sized pic. No photoshop or anything, this is exactly what my eyes saw when I was takeing the pics.

Rest of the pics here....

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Have to say Sirkbac...that is an awesome photo

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Sirbak yeah that is an awsome pic well done

·
Registered
419 Posts
Ok, I found a few I can share. I have tons more, but I can't remember where I saved them.

That's all for now. I'll post more later.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
I'm a complete turd when it comes to photoshop. I just let ppl do it for me....you have some neat stuff.....

·
DT is happy it snowed
1,582 Posts
I wish I was better at that stuff. It's crazy the stuff you can do with that program.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Here's one of my more recent art conversions.

Attachments

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
And here's a real quick effect that I cooked up.

Took about 2 minutes.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How do you cut a pic and put it on a another picture? like for example, i want to do one of my g/f and bike, but photomerge them together.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts