Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my assignment for this week is to make an "impossible image", so i threw Gibernau on a speeder bike and made him racing through the flatlands. lol.
the grass/rock background is the one thing i didnt mess with. i imported the flag, multiple flame's to get it how it is now, and the speeder bike. of course i had to mess with the filters to make them look in the same colorization, but i think it looks alright. just wanting some outside opinions.

Attachments

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
yeah, it looks good. maybe a little less flame, or maybe not so much a straight flame...can you make the exhaust look like it's wrapping around the stack of rocks like he is sliding into the turn? just a thought. i have zero photoshop skills so my ideas may not be possible, and i have no clue how long it takes to do something like that.

also i notice that his hands are on the same plane. i know on my speeder bike if you wanna turn you have to close one throttle off and open the other...kinda like turning a tank. :D his inside hand should be close to his body and his outside hand should be out in front.

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
hahah I like it.. looks good

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Badass:headbang

I need to work on my photoshop skills, lol

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mucho Gonzales said:
yeah, it looks good. maybe a little less flame, or maybe not so much a straight flame...can you make the exhaust look like it's wrapping around the stack of rocks like he is sliding into the turn? just a thought. i have zero photoshop skills so my ideas may not be possible, and i have no clue how long it takes to do something like that.

also i notice that his hands are on the same plane. i know on my speeder bike if you wanna turn you have to close one throttle off and open the other...kinda like turning a tank. :D his inside hand should be close to his body and his outside hand should be out in front.
hows this?
also what do u mean by wrapping the exhaust around the rocks?

Attachments

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
yeah, looks more realistic (using that term with a speeder bike :lol) with his hands like that, rock on!

hmm, kinda hard to explain about the exhaust. it just makes sense to me that if he were going straight and then turned the vapor trail would have a curve to it. make sense?

glad you didn't take my critique the wrong way, i'm just trying to help. :)

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mucho Gonzales said:
hmm, kinda hard to explain about the exhaust. it just makes sense to me that if he were going straight and then turned the vapor trail would have a curve to it. make sense?

glad you didn't take my critique the wrong way, i'm just trying to help. :)
i think i know what ur sayin.

nah, it looked kinda fake to me, just couldnt put my finger on it. the repositioned hands make it look a lot better. imma see what i can do about the exhaust. thanks.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Not to be picky, but given the angle/direction he's looking, shouldn't he be farther through the turn around the pile of rocks?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Mucho Gonzales said:
also i notice that his hands are on the same plane. i know on my speeder bike if you wanna turn you have to close one throttle off and open the other.
idk why, but i laughed soo hard at that.

Not to be picky, but given the angle/direction he's looking, shouldn't he be farther through the turn around the pile of rocks?
remember what your msf instructor taught you....look as far threw the corner as possible :twofinger (theres a turn like that at infineon...it really does help :) )

·
Registered
926 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ludicrous said:
yeah. but when i altered the speeder bike, i did it at school and when i uploaded to my ftp, the file went corrupt. so i cant really move the bike at this point w/o reconstructing the entire thing. lol

·
Registered
731 Posts
try to change the lighning for the extra bit of realism. Look at the rocks, they seam to get the light from left-top corner but the rider gets it from the right.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
I like the one with the curved flame. Looks much better.

I also agree that you need to adjust the lighting. The rocks in the background look as if the angle you're looking at is already in shadow...which says to me that the light is in fact coming from the upper left hand corner. Yet the speeder bikes shadow shows that the light is coming from the right hand side.

Either way, looking good man.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts