Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Official SBN Party Pooper
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the memorial day weekend over at the wife's family farm on Kauai. They own quite a few acres with most of it covered by Macademia nut trees. Her grandfather turned 95 and up to a year ago worked the farm. I didn't get many of the farm but here are a few shots overall of Kauai. Going back next month to work it a bit. Trying to convince them to get a F-250 4x4 and some ATV's :lol Most likely, here soon I'll be living there working it.

First photo is the island of Ni'ihau island owned exculivisly by the Robinson family
Second is a waterfall shot from Waimea Canyon
3rd is a photo of a 4 generation gap
4th is a shot of the canyon

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Wow I love the scenery it is beautiful :cheers

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A shot of Na Pali coastline, only really accesible by air
Me and my daughter mowing the smaller front yard
They have about an acre of bamboo trees down in the valley. One of the biggest forest on the island
and a shot of one of the trails on the farm.

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
zz_3.14_zz said:
That is teh new hottness!!!

huh?

Click on the photos for full-size

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
That's awsome dude.............and that daughter of yours is getting big and cute as a button.

·
Registered
145 Posts
That is one awesome place!!!!Amazing scenery!The only thing that sucks is because my aunt uncle and cousin get to go there...not the same island though...and I get to stay home for the summer... :cry

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
StEvEoKiNeVeO911 said:
That is one awesome place!!!!Amazing scenery!The only thing that sucks is because my aunt uncle and cousin get to go there...not the same island though...and I get to stay home for the summer... :cry
Bumming man.... any Island is paradise..... :beer

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Great pics Rascus. Looks like you guys had a load of fun

·
Registered
377 Posts
Nice pics. I was on Maui a few weeks ago. It was great too.

·
20,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually Kauai has some really nice twistys compared to here on Oahu. Granted not alot but there were some decent roads to ride on.

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
Rascus said:
Actually Kauai has some really nice twistys compared to here on Oahu. Granted not alot but there were some decent roads to ride on.
Waimea Canyon road is a great ride but so tight not really suited to a SB. A Motard or dualsport is the ticket on Kauai IMO, there's just so many awesome places to explore there.... I love to ride on Kauai.

Heres a few of some old scans from Kauai. The top is the start of the Horse Trail that crosses the Island. It gets super knarly toward the middle portion.

The rest are Polihale Beach by Barking Sands missle station and a bay from a trail my friend Phill takes to work... then a lower Wailua River falls I dove off so many times my hands were raw from climbing back up!

He rode off road to work at Two Wheels Motorcycle shop each day taking a different bunch of trails. Across the Island dam near! He made it there in under 40 minutes most days!

Rasc, recall how the highways crosses the Pineapple Haul and Coffee Roads? (the coffee roads are the most awesome thing imagainable... all cinder like a jogging track that wind for miles! Feet up slides at insane speeds were normal with teraces here ahd there for leaps that sucked the air out of your lungs!) The way the road slowly sloped up and the shoulder was dropping to the embankment (a sharp incline to the open portion over the road, hard to describe) where the haul road went under the main highways?

That guy phill and another 15 year old kid both on Honda XR250 dualsports would as we were blasting along at 65+ on the road pull off the side following the road and hit the embankments and do INSANE jumps across the haul roads landing on the downside! I dam near shit the first time I saw them do it!

The kid once hit one going way too fast and missed the landing slope totally! Hit on flat ground and cased it out bent both footpegs and came so close to going down it was a miracle he saved it.... memories of riding there are wild stuff...

Attachments

·
Registered
13,267 Posts
more Kauai pics... A Forest service river crossing the Wailua River (a bit up the road by the old coco palms hotel) plus some other stuff. The last is the end of the paved road where it has the warnings no rental vehicles beyond this point and the 4x4's only sings... You can see one of the switchbacks going up the oppsite side of the valley.

The top is Phil we were resting (I was he was impatient to ride on LOL)... look on the fence post in the background.... LMAO someone had cut up a cow with a chainsaw and left the head! Ya never know what you will find on the trails on kauai...

I need to fix the dam scanner and scan more of the newer stuff in the comp! I have pics from the John DeSoto hare and Hound Invitational race (one of the toughest off road enduros there is) that are radical stuff from the depths of the jungle I took where I managed to be ahead enough on time to warrant pulling the camera out to snap some pics. I ran that race 2 times with Phillip as my teamate. Won both times (because of him not me thats for certain LOLz) he's a world class rider holds numerous records in off road and moto cross.

Kauai is one of the best places to ride off road in the world... a dualsport is a must if you are going to live there.... IMO :)

Attachments

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
Beautiful Rascus and KH!! Rascus your daughter is a cutie pie!!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
got some beautiful scenery there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts