Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, do you want to do a ride again this weekend?

What day(s) are best for you?
I'm off Fri, Sat, Sun, & Mon (2nd - 5th).

Where should we head to?
Phil I remeber you saying something about a road somewhere between here a Deal's Gap that was killer. That is if we what to make it a two day ride.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
42 isn't anything special. Construction trucks have ruined the road and deer sit right along side of it. (It's very close to where I hit and killed bambi last year) There are a few other roads around it that are cool too.

Kevin, you are correct about a road closer to us than DG. The BRP goes within 25 min. of it. The entire area blows the 33 area away. Whoo hoo!

I've also heard about a road right outside of Blacksburg but in WV. I don't wana give the road # out on here though. It's been said that it's one of the finest roads in the country.

I have to work all week but I'm off on the 5th of course. Then I'm off later on that week.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Oh yeah, leanitorleaveit DID try to meet us but missed us by a few minutes. He actually went to 33, smoke-crack road and others. Too bad we missed him.

·
Registered
153 Posts
V V V said:
Oh yeah, leanitorleaveit DID try to meet us but missed us by a few minutes. He actually went to 33, smoke-crack road and others. Too bad we missed him.

missed yall by about 4 minutes...maybe next time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
cehowardrx7 said:
Tony, don't turn into a track-junkie!! :) :)

ceh
No worries of that happening Coleman. I'm a street rider and will always be a street rider. This is most likely my last track day. Now racing on the other, that could definitely be in the future, but I will always ride the street.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Does anyone get the AMA magazine? They have a great write up about riding along/crossing the eastern continental divide. They talk about Seneca Rocks, 55, Mt. Storm and others. I'd love to do this ride(I've done most of it). Start around Mt. Storm, head south on 42, through Seneca Rocks and finish around Blacksburg, Va. That would be a good (easy) two day trip. We could actually do it in one day but two day's gives us time to explore for roads like smoke-crack road. :D

Dan, if you've been to Mt. Storm, you've been to 42. They are nearly identical other than Mt.Storm on 50 usually has better conditions. I took Kevin and Chris on it during the 13 hour ride to 33. They most likely won't remember it, that's how insignificant it is.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I'm out this weekend for any distance rides. I plan on riding local saturday (HF, Berkley Springs, some MD). Let me know if anyone wants to join...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmmmmmmm............... I hurt my shoulder here at work on Monday, so now they have me on muscle relaxers. So I don't know what kind of riding I'll be up to.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
UMM. maybe? lol

If you're heading up my way I'll meet you around Hillsboro or Harpers Ferry at a decent time, say like 8:00?

·
Registered
19 Posts
:D
Blade-Runner said:
Hmmmmmmmm............... I hurt my shoulder here at work on Monday, so now they have me on muscle relaxers. So I don't know what kind of riding I'll be up to.
What did you do this time bro? Hope the muscle relaxers are working :D
Feeling better yet?

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Shit dude, I'm out for saturday...

If you can ride Sunday or Monday in the a.m. I can do that.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Sweet,

8:00 at the little store in Hillsboro. Chris and Kevin, join in if you can!

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
If it's raining in the morning I won't be riding and will post up here before 7:30

1 - 20 of 23 Posts