Sport Bikes banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Giant on a Motorcycle
1,491 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble but this has been done many times before and it holds zero credibility to any parties interested. I would love to lane share too but it ain't gonna happen in a lot of states.

·
You are here
3,535 Posts
Most traffic rules are based on state laws, not federal. Wonderful idea, but I doubt the vast majority of cagers, who make up the vast majority of drivers, are going to go along with it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Just move to CA.

But if you're gonna start a petition, I think you should start one to allow motorcycles to split in the emergency lane. Then we can have our own private lane and not have to go between cars.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Texas keeps voting for this and each time it is closer to getting passed. I am hoping it passes soon.

·
Registered
917 Posts
Just move to CA.

But if you're gonna start a petition, I think you should start one to allow motorcycles to split in the emergency lane. Then we can have our own private lane and not have to go between cars.
That's where all the debris is. We'd all have flat tires within days.

·
Vampire
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe this can the laws changed in National Park Sites?

Start the change somewhere is better than nowhere.

Whether you prefer lane-sharing or not, it is safer than getting rear-ended sitting still in traffic.

Personally, I ride in bumper-to-bumper traffic nearly every single day, on motorized and human-powered vehicle.

I've been a bicycle messenger in SEA, SF and NYC since I was a teen, even pedaled across the NA continent.

It is common sense just to filter through traffic when it becomes congested and below certain speed, when there is no room for cars to maneuver, a motorcycle can easily move among the stuck vehicles and get out of the congested area and help reduce the congestion.

I've ridden in Asia, Europe, many different countries around the world;. US is the only country that have laws prohibiting motorcycles to filter through congested traffic.

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
I blame the guys who fly up the middle at 60mph or on one wheel for that. Cagers hate people being stupid so close to them

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Cagers hate on me for filtering past them at 10mph. The hate come from them being in a car, and me being on a bike.

I don't need a petition. Whatever traffic I am stuck in that I want to filter through, the State Trooper is also stuck in it.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
You think California or so many foreign countries where it's legal are free of left lane sitters? Or rage against splitters for that matter?

Wherever you live, it could be legal, and it doesn't require any change in the skill level of the cagers you ride beside.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Saw on reddit. I liked some of his line of thinking, but I didn't think he tied his points together well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts