Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i need a jacket for summer. i live in nj so its pretty hot i suppose.

i like the a* stunt but it doesnt have the CE armor
i also like the Fieldsheer Mach 4 Jacket but its not all leather

what do you guys recomend
thanks

cost dosent matter

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm not sure if the armor is CE rated or not but Vanson make a great perforated Jacket. You can either get the full perf or partial perf.

I have the Cobra model which comes with perf on the chest. There are covers on the inside behind the perforations that can be opened when it is hot and closed for cooler riding. It works well on those cool mornings that turn into 80+ degree afternoons.

Price is the only complaint that I have read about with Vanson. If that is not a concern for you then I don't think you can go wrong with them CE or not.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
I was under the impression that the Stunt did have CE armor?

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/item.aspx?style=5319&department=112&division=1&WT.MC_ID=80003

But...did you say cost doesn't matter? My friend, get yourself a custom jacket, made to fit you perfectly and with your design. If cost really doesn't matter, try these guys:

www.bksleather.co.uk

Otherwise, what I would do (since cost does matter to me), is get a cheaper custom jacket made by Barnacle Bill or Syed Leathers, and send them some Tpro CE armor for them to put in instead of the stuff they usually use.

www.racingleather.com
www.syedleathers.com
www.johnsonleather.com/armor.htm

Sooooo many options for custom jackets, most probably better than anything you can buy off the rack.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awsome thanks for the input
ill probly get the A* because of the bright colors and reflective material
i wanna be seen at night

Fieldsheer Airspeed 3 looks nice though

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the A* stunt jacket. The red/black/white one is perforated and does come with armour on the elbows and shoulders. It also has a zipout liner. I live in Brisbane, Australia and we have a hot/humid climate and I use my stunt jacket on all but the hottest days of the year.

Cheers
Palooka

·
Registered
492 Posts
Hey redline201,
I actually ordered the Fieldsheer Mach4 and it's pretty much a mesh jacket with leather on the shoulder, and elbows. Imagine a football jersey and padding, that's pretty much what it felt like when I wore it. Obviously wasn't expecting that, so I sent it back. I have an A* leather jacket and have been getting used to riding around in it in this heat (I live in NYC). I've been trying to wear light tshirts or drifit stuff to help keep cool like someone suggested. Going 35+ in 85 degrees is not bad, and going 55+ in 90+ weather also.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I just bought a jacket made by Triumph for $200 that fits that bill. Fully perfed leather and it has CE armor in it. A great summer jacket. I believe it's called the Raptor.

·
Registered
708 Posts
My IXS Jacket is fairly cool. I has some stretchy material (whatever) down each arm. It flows are good and comes with CE armor. I think I ran across the same one I have on Motonation (maybe) for about $100. It seems fairly well constructed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts