Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question to those that have worn both while riding. Is there a huge difference in cooling/riding temps between the perforated vs non-perforated jackets? I can see some cooling, but is it enough to make the perforated jackets not comfortable in the colder weather (ie 40-50)? Does any of the perforated jackets come with a wind blocking zip/snap in liner for the cooler temps (Vanson looks like they have a liner that zips out of the way for venting).

Just curious....Fall is just around the corner (especially cooler mornings) and I need something warm/safe to ride in.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
I've never worn non-perfed leathers, but yes, perfed leather can get cold in the winter. I wear a good windbreaker over my leathers when it's cold and enjoy the ventillation when it's warm.

·
Registered
304 Posts
There is a difference, and if you can only have one set, I'd recommend the perf'ed stuff. It's much cooler, and it's easy to add a layer when it's colder outside.

·
Registered
175 Posts
My Alpinestar jacket is mesh and my leathers are perf'd. I rode a few times when it was colder with the mesh jacket on and even with the liner in, I froze. Now that it's warmer out, the jacket is great, especially if I'm not wearing a T shirt underneath. In my opinion, it's better to put on extra clothes when it's colder then to be roasting when it's hot out and not able to cool down more.

On another note, I'm surprised how cool my perf'd leathers were. I don't know what I'm going to do when it gets colder out because they are too snug fitting to put anything on underneath. Maybe I'll have to try some of that tight fitting, expensive micro fibre that a lot of ski and snowboard shops sell.

·
Banned
3,018 Posts
I have Hot Chilis--they are used for snow skiing--really close fitting and thin but boy do they keep you warm!! I have the long sleeve shirt and pants in black. They also make a one piece too but that might be harder for the guys :lol

The stuff is worth it--wicks away sweat and keeps you very warm!!

·
Registered
691 Posts
I have a perfed teknic jacket that has a snap out liner for colder weather. It lets a lot more air in than the non-perfed leather jacket I have. I rarely ever wear that one anymore.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Get a Cobra or an Avenger and the perforated sections can be closed off. Perf'd leather is way too cold for 40-50 weather.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
If it's colder outside I'll throw on my UnderArmour cold weather gear along with a nice thin but fairly warm sweathshirt to wear under my suit. I've got a custom made suit, I elected not to have it made with a liner. Mine is full perforated, when it's hot out I combine the suit with Underarmour hot weather gear, cold, coldweather gear and a sweater. Works fine for me, never get too cold. But then again, I only ride when tracks are open, so never riding in the dead of winter either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts