Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you folks mind posting your setups and how many RPMs you turn at 60 and 80 mph?

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Shoot.... well depends on what gear I am in and what I am trying to do but let me see if I can remember; I have gone down one in the front and up three in the front.

at 60 mph I am in 2d gear at about 8K
at 80 mph I am in 3d gear at about 9k

this is for the street I cover up my spedometer when I am at the track so I have no idea what speed I am at.
Now keep in mind everyone rides different so you will get a whole bunch of different answers depending on how each person prefers to ride.

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
Zippy said:
ok, my B, in 6th gear.
Gottcha...if I am in 6th gear....I am not going 60 that is for sure so I can't help you there. But is 6th at 80...I am usually at about 7 grand.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i have a different tranny, and no speedo,

i feel horribly inadaquate :rolleyes:

but being chased by someone 90 was between 7-8 grand

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kawagirl said:
Gottcha...if I am in 6th gear....I am not going 60 that is for sure so I can't help you there. But is 6th at 80...I am usually at about 7 grand.
Down one in the front and up three in the rear? I turn 6k at 80 in sixth gear. I was under the impression that such an aggressive sprocket combo would send RPMs through the roof at such speeds (was thinking 9k or so).

·
Registered
291 Posts
my 01 in 6th going 80 is a little less than 6k and about 70mph im at a little over 5k i have 15 tooth in front, im getting 2up in the rear soon i hope, the sprocket is on back order

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
KawZX7R said:
my 01 in 6th going 80 is a little less than 6k and about 70mph im at a little over 5k i have 15 tooth in front, im getting 2up in the rear soon i hope, the sprocket is on back order
:confused:

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hey zippy with those sprockets on there i would think your rpms would be way higher, they are the same as mine? Does your front end come up pretty easy on that bike?

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
went from 14/47 to a 13/49 never payed attention to the rpm but i can still go 135 thats all i have had it to w/ this setup has more power just havent got it that far

·
Registered
220 Posts
-1 down in front, i think around 80 my rpms are around 6.5 grand. ill have to check on my way to work in the morning and post back. i do know by going down 1 tooth in front my rpm's went up exacly 500 rpm.
I just installed an ignition advancer and i think my RPM's went up slightly...

P.S. That ignition advancer I installed by Factory Pro is awesome! throttle response is chrisper, and the bike pulls harder...mid range power seems to be improved, really gets up to 120 mph quicker than before...all in all a great little and CHEAP mod and they claim up to 2 HP gain with this mod. Im ordering my "Flo Commander" (google it if you don't know what this is) next month...this claims a gain of 4 to 6 HP improving throttle response no matter throttle position, really makes the carbs come to life...its on back order right now so im not sure when ill be putting it on....

sorry didn't mean to Hijack the thread...lol

·
Registered
416 Posts
KawZX7R said:
How hard is that ignition advancer to install?
really easy, you pull one case cover off, unbolt the old one, throw the new one in and replace the gasket

·
Registered
220 Posts
omg its one of the easiest things on that bike you will ever do.

remove lower right fairing, remove two screws holding on collant bottle, remove coil cover, place wrench over large nut in center on rotor, put in a allen wrench on center bolt, loosen center bolt and take out, pull off rotor, slide new rotor on, replace center bolt (use lock tite) replace coil cover ( use silicone (high temp), collant bottle, right lower fairing...ride.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've heard the flo commander doesn't do a damn thing on correctly jetted bikes. I believe it was sport rider...
Anyway, I was looking at doing a -1 simply because it's easier (in my opinion) to install than the rear and exchanging 500 RPM for quicker build times sounds good to me. Where did you order your sprocket from?

·
Registered
220 Posts
bought it from JT (15t sprocket)

as for the Flo Commander, yer wrong. most people who claim it does nothing never tried it but attempted to make it themselves....dumb ass's. now there are MANY many people who have bought them and sware by them.

most people don't even know what they do. If you would like ill explain it to you.

would love to read that article though :p

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
i'm 1 down, and 1 up.. i think it turns about 6k at 65 or 70.. or there abouts.

8 - 9 k rpm and i'm going way too fast.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts