Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious do you use them equally....

If you have a 600 and then get a 1000...wouldn't it feel weird to go back to the 600 (unless you use it for track). Or if you get a 750 would it be pointless to keep the 600?

I think it would be cool to have more than 1 bike...but i find it hard to get time to ride the one nevermind more than one.

I was thinking of a KTM for a second bike maybe in the future..

·
Registered
801 Posts
I've a 748S and a SV650 for the street. It does feel strange going from one to the other. But they both serve there purpose. The 748 is a rack to ride in any kinda traffic or in the city. However, the sv is a blast to zip around around town.

B

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Buy a different style of bike,something like a dual sport.

·
Super Moderator
4,659 Posts
I own a TL1000R and a busa. I ride about both equally. I'm buying a third bike when I get home. A V-Strom. I really love my busa, but a twin is just soooooo....I can't really explain it, but it's great!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i was thinking it would be cool to have a dual sport to have the option to go offroad...go back to the roots of DB riding :)

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have an '05 CBR1000RR and a '79 CBX. My wife has an '05 Shadow Spirit 750 that I ride sometimes too. The CBR gets the most miles by far, but the CBX is just cool to ride around on and watch people do a double take when they see 6 pipes comming out of the front of the engine. I ride it to bike nights and cruise ins too. Plus, most of my friends ride cruisers and if I go on a ride with them, the CBX is more comfortable at the slow speeds they ride.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I've got two bikes - my Ninja 250 and my Speed Triple.

I'm still not too horribly experienced, and I live in the city, so my Ninja 250 gets much more use than my Speed Triple. The Triumph is a bit of a toy; I ride it when I want to accelerate quickly and have my kidneys dislodged over our bumpy freeways here. The Ninja is more comfortable, nimbler at low speeds (by a whole order of magnitude,) gets better fuel economy, but is infinitely slower and has a lot less grip. The 250 is my everyday commuter to and from work, too, a task which the Speed Triple is ill-suited to.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Let's see.

750 Magna and 955 Sprint ST. I put about 14,000 miles on the Sprint and about 200 on the Magna when the Sprint was in the shop.

Sprint ST and SV650. I started riding the SV on the twisties and riding the Sprint on my longer highway rides. I put about 14,000 miles on the SV and probably only 2,000 on the Sprint.

SV650 and Speed Triple. I ride the Speed 3 three or four times a week. I ride the SV maybe once every two weeks.

Going from one bike to another feels weird for a few miles, but you get used to it quickly.

·
RLPoloArgyleSweaters,Son!
1,272 Posts
I have a 96 FZR600 and Dad has a 83 Virago 500. I can ride either, but always opt for my bike!

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I would like to get a Harley too. My friend has the best of both worlds- a 02 Gixxer 750 and a 00 Softtail.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
I have a sportster and a 600. I am going to buy either a 1000 or a 750 for my next sportbike. Just to many options. I guess it will come down to the deal I get in the end.

It's not that bad to change bikes but the sportbike gets the attention. The H.D. gets put on the long runs some times thats about it.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Right now, I have a Shadow ACE and my plans are to get an R6 as soon as money works out. I don't think I'll be riding the Shadow as much as the R6. However, I'm still keeping the Shadow, because I love to take road trips.

Jason

·
Registered
706 Posts
Just this weekend, I was taking a trip that by major roadway is about 1 hr. Well I was taking the scenic route. There was a road on the map that looked like a good detour so I found it. The map didn't say it wasn't paved. Well, being the adventurer that I didn't know I was, I continued on. Nice elevation changes, some really tight turns and some good sweeping curves but mostly dirt, small gravel and some mud. Lots of ruts. Not the type of road that the Hawk with a back tire near the end of its life belonged on, but fun in a different kind of way.

Bottom line, now a Dual Sport to park next to the Hawk (I will never get rid of her) is on the wish list. :banana

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Sometimes I take my Dad's Sportster out so that's kinda like having 2 bikes. You would think I felt more comfortable on the HD but my hips get so tired from the forward controls. My ideal stable would consist of 3 bikes. A streetfighter or a 'busa for every day use, supermoto for the track and a chopper so when I ride with the cruisers I don't have to deal with the hassle of owning a sportbike.

·
sikk cylinders
1,014 Posts
busarider54 said:
I own a TL1000R and a busa. I ride about both equally. I'm buying a third bike when I get home. A V-Strom. I really love my busa, but a twin is just soooooo....I can't really explain it, but it's great!
Same bike combo here. Love them both and can't get enough of them!

·
Registered
336 Posts
ninja 250 for commuting. im going 4 up in back and 1 down in front on the FZ6 this week, so no commuting. there are definate differences there, but i enjoy tossing the ninja much more, plus its cheap.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts