Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Papa John's CEO apologizes to Florida customer for employee's rant - CNN.com

Apparently the pizza guy butt dialed the customer he just delivered to and said some less than admirable things. The customer got his feelings hurt and complained enough to have the guy fired. Cry me a river, people are going to say what they think and you cant let it get to you. I could understand this if it the pizza guy was screaming at the customer but this was a butt dial call and he was in the privacy of his car speaking his mind.

LAME.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
What's the big deal? Should the customer just ignore the fact that he was called a n!gger and cheap?... Especially since he gave a decent tip. I would've complained too. Of course Papa John's is going to fire those two racist idiots.

What is lame is that you're complaining about it.

And as a side rant, I hate 'the N word.' If you're a news agency and you're reporting that n!gger was used, just say it. Everyone knows what is meant by 'the N word,' so what's the point in not saying it?

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Who listens to a butt dial voicemail longer than it takes to figure out it isn't a real message meant for you?

Losers. Get a life. I was bored with that youtube video 10 seconds into the call and I knew something was coming. I can't imagine sitting through the whole thing and then complaining about it.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
butthurt, it runs deep.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
But what about the children? Won't someone PLEASE think of the children?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
You can't forget about them! :tremble

Honestly, this all smells like a government plot to control our minds. In fact, they are reprogramming us as I type this message.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's the big deal? Should the customer just ignore the fact that he was called a n!gger and cheap?... Especially since he gave a decent tip. I would've complained too. Of course Papa John's is going to fire those two racist idiots.

What is lame is that you're complaining about it.

And as a side rant, I hate 'the N word.' If you're a news agency and you're reporting that n!gger was used, just say it. Everyone knows what is meant by 'the N word,' so what's the point in not saying it?

yes. its tuff shit on his part. people are allowed to have free thoughts. Papa Johns ONLY fired them to save face and business, dont think for a second its because they give a shit about that one guy with hurt feelings.

·
Registered
8,142 Posts
yes. its tuff shit on his part. people are allowed to have free thoughts. Papa Johns ONLY fired them to save face and business, dont think for a second its because they give a shit about that one guy with hurt feelings.
Yes. People are allowed to have free thoughts. People are also allowed to call in and complain when someone else's free thoughts end up saved on their voicemail. Obviously these dipshits didn't mean to call the guy and leave the message. However, lots of people have gotten into trouble for getting caught doing something they weren't supposed to do, despite not having intentions of getting caught.

I'm failing to see any motivation on the customer's part to just suck it up and not say anything.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Because we all make mistakes. Only douchebags make a point of getting people fired over theirs.

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
let's see,
idiots, working for papa john's get caught being idiots.
guy who caught idiots being idiots, publishes video that proves that idiots are idiots, and working for papa john.
papa john looses money because they are now associated with idiots.
papa john fires idiots and apologises for idiots, in an attempt to not be associated with idiots.

what exactly am i supposed to get upset over??

·
Registered
4,754 Posts
Everyone knows what is meant by "******" so why not just come out and say it? THE WORD IS ******

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
As long as Lil Wayne and every other 98% Black comedian uses ****** (geezus I cant even use it-what if I was black?)then I don't see why no one else should be able to even by accident.
Whats worse is Lil Wayne gets a Grammy for saying it.

Want to stop racism-then stop exploiting it. Learn from Richard Pryor.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
to me ****** is no longer a word for color but a word for attitude, no different than jackass, idiot, or ***.

*** almost never refers to a homosexual anymore, only someone who is annoying, ****** almost always refers to someone who is lacking sophistication, same as *******, which is in not way seen as a racial slur for some reason.

anyway. I am not going to complain if someone calls me cracker, ******, ******* etc etc etc

·
A guy on a scruffy bike
15,367 Posts
to me ****** is no longer a word for color but a word for attitude, no different than jackass, idiot, or ***.

*** almost never refers to a homosexual anymore, only someone who is annoying, ****** almost always refers to someone who is lacking sophistication, same as *******, which is in not way seen as a racial slur for some reason.

anyway. I am not going to complain if someone calls me cracker, ******, ******* etc etc etc
:rolleyes Thay may be what you decide the words mean to *you*, but both of those words have histories, and carry meanings other than those you are assigning them. If you need words for "someone who is annoying", or for "someone who is lacking sophistication", use different ones. People who use those words are annoying and lack sophistication.

PhilB

·
Banned
7,613 Posts
Howard stern asked george takai if "***" was offense to him. He answered no but he didn't like words like that because its what hate crime perpetrators use during their attacks. I used to call anyone stupid or feminine a *** until I thought about that, and became embarrassed.

My ancestors never were slaves or owned any but im an American and show respect to those who survived the second darkest chapter of our history.

We need a society of respect. Whether it is *** or ****** or whatever, it should be a deep shame for people to use it but not a law...it needs to be a ethical value we share. We need progress in this department and stop being "ugly americans".

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Those who survived? No black person you know today was ever a slave.

Also to Phil, we dont make words have a different definition for each individual person, we go by a social majority for the meaning of words. This is why the dictionary is ever changing and updating. I very well cant demand people stop using the word "Flower" because a i find it offensive.

also i can never understand how something that happened to your ancestors 150 years ago is now some how hurting your feelings. I don't care if my great great great great grand parents were the most hated and despised people in america, that does not define me.

·
Hardass!
8,085 Posts
Please if any word has been exploited to MAKE MONEY it is the N-word. If you are BLACK and have been called that in public-Here comes Sharpton, Jackson and NAACP looking for money.
But when you are black and make money off of it on a rap/hiphop album all you see is the "power to the people" fist by most.

Hispanics being called ******-Here comes LULAC (League of United Latino American Citizens)

You call a white guy cracker or ******-nobody steps up AND another thing-once a "white man" creates an organization (NWPO-National White People Organization) then they will be considered racist.

Yeah so...someone try it.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts