Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else seen this story? People just don't take into account for motorcycles when they do stupid stuff like this and hang up fishing line across roads. You don't even have a clue until it's too late.

Prankster uses plastic wrap as road trap

TOWN OF WAUKESHA, Wisconsin (AP) -- A prankster tightly wound plastic wrap around traffic poles across a two-lane road, causing a motorcycle accident that injured two people.

Daniel Buckel, and his girlfriend, Theresa Brzykcy, were riding south of Waukesha on Tuesday when their motorcycle crashed into the plastic wrap set up 3 to 4 feet above the road -- wound thickly from traffic poles on opposite sides.

Buckel, 22, was within 10 feet when he saw the makeshift barricade, and hit the brakes.

"It's appalling, and it's really frightening," Brzykcy, 19, told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "What was their intention? This should make people more aware that pranks like that are not as harmless as they seem."

Buckel was cut above his eye and broke his finger. Brzykcy also suffered scrapes and bruises.

Buckel is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to a conviction.

Last year, several parked cars were found bound in plastic wrap to prevent drivers from getting inside, Detective Steve Pederson said.

·
Pro. Lowsider
1,695 Posts
Naughty76 said:
Has anyone else seen this story? People just don't take into account for motorcycles when they do stupid stuff like this and hang up fishing line across roads. You don't even have a clue until it's too late.

Prankster uses plastic wrap as road trap

TOWN OF WAUKESHA, Wisconsin (AP) -- A prankster tightly wound plastic wrap around traffic poles across a two-lane road, causing a motorcycle accident that injured two people.

Daniel Buckel, and his girlfriend, Theresa Brzykcy, were riding south of Waukesha on Tuesday when their motorcycle crashed into the plastic wrap set up 3 to 4 feet above the road -- wound thickly from traffic poles on opposite sides.

Buckel, 22, was within 10 feet when he saw the makeshift barricade, and hit the brakes.

"It's appalling, and it's really frightening," Brzykcy, 19, told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. "What was their intention? This should make people more aware that pranks like that are not as harmless as they seem."

Buckel was cut above his eye and broke his finger. Brzykcy also suffered scrapes and bruises.

Buckel is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to a conviction.

Last year, several parked cars were found bound in plastic wrap to prevent drivers from getting inside, Detective Steve Pederson said.
I have to admit Wrapping the cars made me laugh:lol
-but-
The wrapping across the road is f'ed up.

I remember when I was in school a group of guys would go out on the weekends and put blocks, Drums, ect... in the road on blind turns at night so cars would hit them. They thought it was funny.
I even remember one of them put a railroad tie in the road and a motorcyclist hit it. Needless to say the guy went down, but the cops found drugs on him at the crash scene (Funny how God works).

Also on our way to WH one night, I got a shout on the "CB"( I know your laughing right now, and yes we were driving BIG 4x4s) from a peep behind me. He said "They Got me". At first I thought he was talking about the PoPo, but he said the pranksters, "with a 55gal Drum".
-He was only about 300 yards behind, so the pranksters must of put it there right after I passed by. We searched for about 1hr to try and find the guys, but had no luck.
-His truck had a big Brush bumper so no harm done.
-The next day we went to the Peeps houses whom we thought were responsible.
I dragged him out by his door by his collar, and his Dad threw a fit at first until I explained what his little Bastard had been doing.

They later were charged with puting bricks in front of the Sheriffs wife's car or something like that...

(I refuse to proof what I just wrote, I need to learn how to type with out looking at the keyboard:D)

·
Posse Pimp Daddy #1
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah.... I've done may fair share of gags on cars and stuff. Everything from wiring a doorhandle to shock the car's driver (most hilarious one) to wrapping cars. Last night in Winter Haven at the fights I pulled in to the civic center lot for a min as I had to make a phone call, and witnessed some girls DUCT taping a car then toilet papering it. The TP is one thing. I don't think they realized what the duct tape will do to it. It was a newer car too. I've also have a female friend of mine who lost an uncle on a bike because kids ran that high test fishing line across the road way. He road through at about 65 mph and caught it right at the neck. It starts out as an innocent prank but no one thinks about things such as motorcyclist. What can you do? You can't really see fishing line. Just hope to god people don't do that crap where I ride. Remember those kids that got busted for dropping bowling balls on to the interstate from over past? Either they are really sick individuals or people really don't use what they have upstairs.

·
Florida Forum Moderator
3,598 Posts
Well, I'll just say this......a very close friend of mine lost his life on a motorcycle several years ago due to a cable stretched across the road. He did not see it until it was too late and hit it going approx. 55mph. He was riding two up, and my friend on the back was very suprised when the two of them came off, and my buddy that was driving was laying on top of him....dead.

It was not from a prank....it was off road riding....but none the less. It was not his first time riding that trail.....and no one marked the cable.

Motorcyclist don't see that sort of thing.......and to hear of pranks like this burns my ass!

Gov

1 - 4 of 4 Posts