Sport Bikes banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some dude in I don't know what kinda car just flew past a buddy and myself on the interstate! Usually I would just let him build his ego, but tonight I don't know what I was thinking because I dropped it into 3rd and hammered it! Midway through fourth I pass this guy and level out! He guns it and passes me again! At this point the speedo says 130 and I just hammer it again! Long story short I end up at the top of sixth gear with my shiftlight blinding my ass! My shiftlight is set at 13500 so I road through it for a few! Not sure how fast I was going because by this point I didn't feel like I had much time to take my eyes off the road! Cheers to the guy in the suped up car! He was keeping up with me around 150! I don't know what the hell he was driving because it was 130 am and I didn't hav e a lot of time to look but damn!

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Hopefully your momma wont have to come identify your body after the EMT's scrape what's left of it off the pavement.

The track would be a way better place to be doing 130-150 mph.

I personally don't care what you do, but you will not make many friends around here with posts like this.

If you want to talk with other squids about excessive speeding and stunting on the street, might want to try gixxer.com.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for your honesty! and "sorry mom"

I appreciate your honesty! You are correct! The street is no place for a heavy hand! And like I said in my post, I usualy wouldn't be acting stupid on the streets! I mean the majority of my street riding consists of just finding that perfect set of twisties and working on a nice smooth method of taking them out! I am usually a very safe and calculated rider! I suppose that is why I decided to post it, because I felt like shit for doing it to some degree and wanted to hear people tell me how dumb I am for riding like that! Of course I am not trying to get any friends on here! I hav e plenty of those! But it is nice to hear somew fresh points of view on things from time to time! This is gonna make me look a hell of a lot worse but I am a husband and a father of 4 and I would hate to have to scrap one of my kids off of the pavement and should definitely not be so wreckless! I think I am having a mid-life crisis or somewthing! Hell! I don't know! But I know when I finally released the throttle and got back down to a sain street speed that my heart was pounding and visions of my wife and kids were pummeling me in the head! Oh! And as far as track days! Would love to do some, but the nearest operational track day to me is 3 hours away! I am wa iting on the "bluegrass motorsports roadcourse to open. But it has been delayed for almost 2 yrs! Sorry momma!

·
Registered
368 Posts
We've all done this same thing before. Ive matured since I first started riding and yea every great once in awhile you got to show them whos boss. Young guy with his girl was hauling ass in his trans am and just trying to be a dick so I showed him whos boss only after holding next to him at 1/4 throttle to make him think that his car was fast...

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
what I cant believe it! your not kidding? your shitting me? 150mph!!!!

I figured that bike would do better than that topped out. my 2k R6 tops 156mph corrected with speedo healer on the track.
:egrin

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did not say that my bike topped out at 150! Actually I looked down Friday and it said 189! But the speedo reads fast! Getting ready to fix that problem a little! I am adding a tooth back to the front sprocket!

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
I did not say that my bike topped out at 150! Actually I looked down Friday and it said 189! But the speedo reads fast! Getting ready to fix that problem a little! I am adding a tooth back to the front sprocket!
I'm not the one who titled this post "peged in 6th at night" :surprised

get a speedo healer. it also records your fastest speed.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok! That's fair! But that was just the attention grabber! In all actuallity, 155 or 160 is probably about where it was topping out! But it got there real fast! The fellow who had the bike before me had installed a 14 tooth sprocket up front! I just put a vortex 16 on it yesterday so I should be able to get about 185 or so out of it now! Maybe more! We will see!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice, must have been a fast car to be holding you at 150! Oh and don't let the negative comments about your body being scraped off the pavement bother you... those kind of people always show up to chime in with their morbid and often bitter comments, how pitiful.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It doesn't bother me! I know what I am! A speed freak! Can't help that! Its in my blood! My dad was one and my grand dad was one! My grand dad always had a bike! He is 76 with altzhiemers and still talks about his bikes! So when I get to the otherside I will hav e a good damn excuse!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I wish I knew what kind of car dude was driving! Cuz I want one! He flew by obviously wanting some! Since that day I added two teeth back to the front sproket! Now its just one tooth under stock! So that's my happy zone on this bike!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I once raced an Audi A6 BI-turbo, I was in sixth gear with the speedo indicating 160-ish and he was slowly walking away from me... it was a blast! I love racing cars but every once in a while you get one that will surprise you. I agree, if you are racing on a deserted highway late at night I see nothing wrong with it. If I lose it let the other guy run me over. Hitting high speeds on empty roads is better then some of these guys flying in between cars at rush hour with no helmet. But oh well bring the flame :devil

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The buddy I was riding with that night says that the car was a beemer and from the speed of it I would say it was one of the 5 series sports sedans! Not sure which one but that narrows it down some!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts