Sport Bikes banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Go Nicky................
Dani suffered a deep cut on his knee and his status is in question for the race.
this could have huge championship implications....we shall see
Go Nicky..............:banana

·
Registered
775 Posts
I feel a little guilty for being glad that Pedrosa was injured, but I just can't stand to see him beat some of the other riders. He has absolutely no character. Sure, it is hard to argue that he doesn't add something to the sport (like watching him dice with Rossi and Hayden last race...or him and Stoner go 3 wide at Laguna with Roberts) but he does little to keep the fans excited after the race.

I would really like to see Hayden win the championship, but I definitely think this will really help him. I also hope that Hopkins gets an even better bike from Suzuki next year. I think he could outride Nicky if he was on a Honda, but that is a post for a different thread!

·
Registered
775 Posts
*spoiler*

I can't think of any other rider in the GP series that I wouldn't have more respect for after doing something like Pedrosa did in thie race, yet when Pedrosa manages to pull off a podium finish I just find myself disappointed. Robots shouldn't be allowed to race motorcycles!

·
Nurse Nymphette
7,289 Posts
Just watched the Malaysia race and Pedrosa got 3rd! It was awesome to watch Rossi and Capirossi go head to head through out the race. Hayden managed to stay in and keep 4th.
Pedrosa apparently opened up his knee wound during the race and couldn't make it to the table with the other 2 after the race, he went straight to the medical building/area.

·
Believe It or Not........
5,338 Posts
I'd be worried if I was Nicky! As much as I'd like to see hayden win, Pedrosa is doing some great work with the same damn bike hayden has had for years now. I hope this gets Nicky's blood flowing and he keeps the point lead and wins the championship.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Fabian said:
I'd be worried if I was Nicky! As much as I'd like to see hayden win, Pedrosa is doing some great work with the same damn bike hayden has had for years now. I hope this gets Nicky's blood flowing and he keeps the point lead and wins the championship.
I agree that Hayden has some serious competition with Pedrosa in his future, but they aren't quite on the same bikes. Some other folks here might know more details, but I understand that Nicky has been testing different chasis (how do you make that word plural?) all season. I thought I read somewhere that it isn't all necessarily by his choice.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
I agree that Hayden has some serious competition with Pedrosa in his future, but they aren't quite on the same bikes. Some other folks here might know more details, but I understand that Nicky has been testing different chasis (how do you make that word plural?) all season. I thought I read somewhere that it isn't all necessarily by his choice.
Yeah, apparently he's the lead development rider so he has to test all the new HRC stuff. Still seems like Pedrosa should be able to pull away from Nicky with his 40+ pound weight advantage

·
Registered
775 Posts
MRBoss429x said:
Damn after malaysia pedrosa is really close to hayden in the points. As much as it pains me I think hayden might muff it.
There is a part of me that things the same thing. It just seems like when it really comes down to it Hayden is just missing a fraction of something. The two exceptions this year are Assen and Laguna. I do wonder though how much all this development could be setting him back. I think I read in a mag lately that Hayden has tested something like 7 different chassis ' this season...I think I will give him the benefit of the doubt that this could make each weekend a little more of a challenge.

In the end even if Hayden pulls it off his championship would always be tarnished by the fact that Rossi had a rough season through no fault of his own. As much of a fan as I am of Hayden it is true...he would be down on points to Rossi right now if it weren't for some weird things happening this seaon. Whatever....it's MotoGP and I love it. Except for Pedrobot!

·
Finally on 2 Wheels!!
215 Posts
Hayden pretty much has to come in at least 2nd for each race to hang onto it.

I'm rooting for him, but if he has a race like Malaysia and the Czech Republic in the next race he's screwed

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
yeah, Pedrosa's bike is NOTHING like Hayden's bike. Hayden has been developing the 800cc chasis all year. Honda gave him that bike expecting nothing out of him knowing it's a development rig, now they're saying "You better win the championship or else..."

Nicky deserves every point he gets.

·
Registered
775 Posts
OreoGaborio said:
yeah, Pedrosa's bike is NOTHING like Hayden's bike. Hayden has been developing the 800cc chasis all year. Honda gave him that bike expecting nothing out of him knowing it's a development rig, now they're saying "You better win the championship or else..."

Nicky deserves every point he gets.
Might be why I heard a rumor on superbikeplanet that Hayden might not re-sign with Honda next year. Anybody else heard about this?
Oh, just to keep in Dani related...I was happy to see him so far down in the race.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
As much as I would like to see an American win the Championship, I just love Pedrosa's riding style and his presence on the track. Who cares if he doesn't have much of a personality, I'd rather him be the way he is than some flamboyant jackass.

·
Cheap Bastid
6,366 Posts
redcbrla said:
Might be why I heard a rumor on superbikeplanet that Hayden might not re-sign with Honda next year. Anybody else heard about this?
Oh, just to keep in Dani related...I was happy to see him so far down in the race.
Yeah, i've heard rumors of that as well and w/ the 800cc rule change it'd be good timing... BUT.... where's he gonna go? Only way to go up from where he is would be to Yami next to Rossi... and then he'd be playing second fiddler.

I think his best bet is to stay where he is. He basically developed the 800cc chasis for Honda, he might as well stick with them and use what power he has for contract renegotiation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts