Sport Bikes banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I picked up a used (3 weeks old) PCIIIr from a guy to put on my RC51, but the ignition connector was cut off when it was removed from his bike. I've been looking at the wiring a bit and it looks like the ignition wire from the PC normally has two connectors, a male and a female, and those are plugged into the mating ignition connectors on the bike. Can someone tell me if this is true? I checked RC51.org, and as good as the pics of the installation are, the boot is obscuring the view of the wires mated to the ignition connector.

Also, there are two wires, brown and white/brown, that connect to the ignition connector. I need to know the connector gender for each of these wires from the PC. If it has a receptacle please call it female and if it has a plug call it male.

Hopefully someone will remember this off the top of their heads and not have to pull a fairing off. In any event, I'd be grateful for an answer and if anyone else has had to geek with the wiring a bit any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
44 Posts
Your best bet would to go and check out that aforementioned web site or call dynojet directly via the phone they should have a 1800 number or email addy in the site info. Here is another link that might help you also http://www.powercommander.com/ This is dynojets other web site for the powercommander with lots of areas to help you with this possible problem. Hope you get it figured out, let us know what happens dude!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chesus, that picture is exactly what I was looking for. Those photos are different from the ones that came with the instructions in the box. Looking at Fig. D, I can see that they are using a jumper to maintain contiuity with one wire and then inserting the PC in series with the second wire. All I have to do is make sure that I don't swap the input and output from the PC. That should be no problem to duplicate. I called the sales folks at Dyno Jet and they said they wouldn't sell the connectors. They want me to return the whole thing for repair. I gave them a chance to make a little money on the parts, but now I'm not going to give them any money. I work in electronics so getting the parts to connect these wires won't be too hard. I should have the thing wired in tomorrow. I'll post pics once I get the wiring set up. If anyone has something to add please feel free.

Thanx,
Mike

1 - 4 of 4 Posts