Sport Bikes banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received my PCIII for '02 954RR from Sportbike Garage. Good prices...Thanks Louis!!!! What I need now is map for it. I have a Devil exhaust high mount 1/2 system with a K&N filter. The map they supplied isn't bad, but it lacks in the low end. It really hits hard around 6000rpm's. But I want that low end. I also checked Power Commander's website and there isn't anyone close that is an authorized dealer. I don't really have alot of knowledge of the PCIII. So I don't want to hurt the reliability (if that's possible) with a crappy map. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Drag Race Superstar
63 Posts
R&RRrider said:
I just received my PCIII for '02 954RR from Sportbike Garage. Good prices...Thanks Louis!!!! What I need now is map for it. I have a Devil exhaust high mount 1/2 system with a K&N filter. The map they supplied isn't bad, but it lacks in the low end. It really hits hard around 6000rpm's. But I want that low end. I also checked Power Commander's website and there isn't anyone close that is an authorized dealer. I don't really have alot of knowledge of the PCIII. So I don't want to hurt the reliability (if that's possible) with a crappy map. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Find somebody who can tune it on the dyno. This is the best map you can get. Any other map is just hit or miss since it was made for a different bike at different altitudes and climate conditions.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I I were you I'd use the three buttons and experiment with the low range.

Figure out the rpm range you aren't happy with and start there.
Look at the map you have and if it's real lean in that area, just add some fuel and try it out. Conversely, if the map you have is real rich you can lean it out.

Every make and motor is different. Normally lean=mean but not always.

Without the dyno it's trial and error.

I hope you got a PCIII USB. It has an accelerator pump feature that really helps pull hard out of the hole.

I also hope you have a laptop. I've got to pull the bike in my garage and hook it directly to my network server. PITA!!

Bill

1 - 3 of 3 Posts