Sport Bikes banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
GSXR 4 LiFE!!!
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Corect me if im wrong...If you get a PCIII you dont have to get a TRE Mod.Reason why i ask i dont wanna buy both as i need them..I also dont like the idea of how the TRE Mod makes your gear counter not work properly.When i look on the powercommander website it says remove a certain wire in harness and it diables S.E.T.Valve..Is this valve the time retard feature?

Any help qwill be appreciated...

·
GSXR 4 LiFE!!!
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So how do you do the TRE mod and correct the gear sensor?
Also when i read power commander and it shows the wire to take out to just disable it,if you can do this does the PC# keep the FI light off?

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
Did you click on the link?

A PCIII and a TRE are two totally different mods. A PCIII by itself does not alter or effect ignition timing. It adusts fueling.

Most TREs will show 5th in the gear indictator at all times except neutral, because that is what gear it is telling the ecu the bike is in. Suzuki manufactures motorcycles with a different ignition map for each gear. In the lower gears (one-four), the ignition timing is retarded below full throttle to save your from yourself. 1000 and 'busa models also have a 6th gear top speed limiter. That's why the TRE uses 5th gear full power timing at all times.

Who cares what the gear indicator says? Somehow, we all managed to count to six before we had those things.

If it bothers you, you can have both. >>> http://www.gi-pro.net/

As for the SET valve mod, it has nothing at all to do with timing, either.
I made a thread on this mod if you're interested.
http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/showthread.php?t=341543

·
GSXR 4 LiFE!!!
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the Timing retard is to basically keep you from going full throttle and your bike being full potential?
Also if i get the Timing Ignition with the Power Commander, are you aying it will take care of the timing retard and speed limiter?

·
Premium Member
20,922 Posts
hi im drummer03 said:
So the Timing retard is to basically keep you from going full throttle and your bike being full potential?
Also if i get the Timing Ignition with the Power Commander, are you aying it will take care of the timing retard and speed limiter?
For Suzukis, full throttle gives you full timing. Under less than full throttle the timing is softened. You can feel the difference on a 1k when you roll into the throttle with a TRE installed. Some people like the difference, some don't.
I rarely use full throttle on my street 1k, so I'll take the TRE.

The Dynojet Ignition Module is so much more complex than a TRE, they aren't even comparable. It allows a high degree of timing advance or retard adjustability based on throttle position and RPM (up to 10 degrees). It can also be used to alter timing for each individual cylinder, and to extend the RPM limit if necessary. Just so you know, it comes standard with no adjustments made to the stock timing map.

Sound like something you'd want to play with? I would get an authorized Dynojet tuner to set that up, if I needed one. And I don't. :lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts