Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So someone in a different state wants to buy this receptions desk I am helping sell on craigslist. They say they want to use paypal to pay and they will arrange a shipper to come pick up the item.

Just want to be sure how to know if it's legit or a scam. So far they haven't asked me what my bank numbers or credit card number is. All I gave them was an email address that is affiliated with it.

I just wanna know how to use paypal for these sales situations and how to be sure I get my money and the other person gets their items. Any help is appreciated !

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You receive funds on PayPal. They get someone to come get the item. It isn't hard.
Ok haha. I was trying to think how I would get defrauded, or why would they do something that can screw them over. But what it seems like will happen is they send me payment on paypal, then I meet up with their shipper to open the office door so they can take the items they need to ship.

Like I accept the paypal payment, then I run off and never give them the item when the shipper comes. Or worse, what if I posted a fake item I never had? How does the buyer protect themselves? I never stated I need paypal payment, I just made it like you come with cash and haul away, which is what I always did for craigslist, never used any electronic medium.

I'm not trying to screw anyone over and do everything to protect myself but just want to be sure both sides feel secure. And also make sure that I don't get screwed over say like the buyer will state they never received the item even though the shipper came and took the items, then they say they want a refund or sue me. Trying to think of all scenarios since this isn't an in person transaction.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ok, nevermind it was a scam.

They did that elaborate email saying that they will send me more money, then I recoupe them for shipping charges via Western Union.

I entered the email body into google and I got search matches saying fraud all over it. That's why I asked, I felt it was a fraud, but the person acted like a real buyer by not asking for the wire right away, then after talking for a few days asked for the wire.

I called western union and she told me right away it was fake. Not saying I discovered something because I already seen almost happen with a friend of mine who just wanted to buy a textbook in college, and the internet says this happens all the time. But just pisses me off this person texted me in the middle of the night and during Christmas eve, to later ask for money to be wired to western union to run off with my money.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
On craigslist they have a built in scam detector feature. just hold down your alt key then press F4 to open the scam scanner.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Well, I'm glad I didn't get scammed by my roommate (well hoping everything still goes smoothly)... but then what kind of scammer on craigslist would take me out on a yacht and ride on my motorcycle to devise some kind of crazy scam on me? I think every scammer should consider investing in a yacht to invite their prey so they think they're rich. Then trick them into wiring them a few thousand dollars so they can transfer their Nigerian riches to your bank account.

If this person wanted me to wire some money, they should have invited me out on a $3 million yacht.

·
Human After All
4,687 Posts
I used to have a Wellcraft Eclipse. 18.5', red and white, not a scrape on the hull, beautiful, amazing sounding Volvo engine, quick as a whip.

I loved that fucking boat, probably spent 3/4 of the summer out on the lake in it with friends or alone, sometimes just sitting in it and reading in the evening while it was up on the lift and enjoying the weather. If anyone wanted me, they generally went to look at the dock before they knocked on the door at the house, because if the boat wasn't there, or the cover was off, I wasn't home, I was with the boat.

And I still didn't talk about it as much as JetFalcon brings up someone else's fucking boat.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
...So this topic too was only a one more way to brag about someone else's boat...
No, but just saying how craigslist can help meet amazing people who think for you or people who just want your money and never meet you. I'm not scared of craigslist because I have bought memorable things on there, traded stuff, sold stuff, and found the most beautiful roommate on craigslist who is also a friend. Ya the yacht was an amazing experience for something that happened on Craigslist and I feel very lucky to have a model as a friend. I know she will help me experience alot of cool things most guys my age probably won't get to do if they don't have models as friends.

I just hate how scammers are ruining craigslist and wasting my time. I'm glad my roommate didn't get scammed when she posted the ad or pick the wrong guy to be her roommate. She is smart and she had denied several guys before choosing me, which is a pretty awesome feeling knowing many guys would love a model to be their roommate.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
I would hate a model as my roomy.

Bitch would probably try to get me to quit eating bacon and drinking beer.

And I love both of those things more than I love pussy. Especially pyssy attached to a stuck up model.

·
Registered
312 Posts
No, but just saying how craigslist can help meet amazing people who think for you or people who just want your money and never meet you. I'm not scared of craigslist because I have bought memorable things on there, traded stuff, sold stuff, and found the most beautiful roommate on craigslist who is also a friend. Ya the yacht was an amazing experience for something that happened on Craigslist and I feel very lucky to have a model as a friend. I know she will help me experience alot of cool things most guys my age probably won't get to do if they don't have models as friends.

I just hate how scammers are ruining craigslist and wasting my time. I'm glad my roommate didn't get scammed when she posted the ad or pick the wrong guy to be her roommate. She is smart and she had denied several guys before choosing me, which is a pretty awesome feeling knowing many guys would love a model to be their roommate.
Oh yeah, about someone else's boat and about your roommate.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
I'm glad my roommate didn't get scammed when she posted the ad or pick the wrong guy to be her roommate. She is smart and she had denied several guys before choosing me, which is a pretty awesome feeling knowing many guys would love a model to be their roommate.
If anything, she picked you because you're not threatening to her, you're just a fat asian kid that is too much of a pussy to try to make a move on her. To her you're a female roomate that can carry heavy stuff, none of the bitchiness and clear of PMS. And you've certaninly put her on a pedestal, have fun! (she will... not with you, at your expense)

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I seen someone really rich on this mafia movie last night. They had this private jet and a huge 100' ship with $10,000/night whores all over it. Wow we had fun, jet I feel sorry that you do not have friends like I have with the guy I seen on that movie. He had so much money, pallets of cash in this once scene on the movie. Wow I have it made now that I seen someone else with money, for real.

Maybe one day you will be able to see someone else with a bunch of money and nice things. Till then I will be thinking of you and how you live like a peasant.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I seen someone really rich on this mafia movie last night. They had this private jet and a huge 100' ship with $10,000/night whores all over it. Wow we had fun, jet I feel sorry that you do not have friends like I have with the guy I seen on that movie. He had so much money, pallets of cash in this once scene on the movie. Wow I have it made now that I seen someone else with money, for real.

Maybe one day you will be able to see someone else with a bunch of money and nice things. Till then I will be thinking of you and how you live like a peasant.
I know, this millionaire is so poor he has to share a $3 million yacht with 5 other guys.

But seriously, you're comparing my real life experience on a yacht to a movie? It's okay, you can support models by looking at their pictures on a computer screen and let guys like me be friends with them.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts