Sport Bikes banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Light it up! Light it up!
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i had an auction on ebay recently. the guy that won the item is telling me he's leaving the US soon and needs me to ship the item right away.

i've recieved payment by paypal, but it hasn't hit my bank account yet.

should i wait until it hits my bank account?

the funds are in my paypal account (it reads transaction completed).

once that money is in there it's mine right? they can't pull it back can they?

anyone have any paypal fraud stories to share.

edit: well i've seen that it takes 3 to 4 days to recieve at my bank. i went ahead and shipped. i'd still like to hear any fraud stories you guys might have or know of tho.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Yes, paypal can still take the money back.

You'll want to keep checking your paypal account...usually when someone claims they are leaving the country, they want you to ship the item quickly enough for them to reverse the transaction and get their money back...

If this happens, and paypal has already dumped the money into your checking account, many times they will just reverse the entire thing.

·
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do you suggest i do if that happens? doesn't ebay insure every transaction up to $175?

thanks for the input tho...that's what i thought.

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
^^^

I don't know...I guess you'd have to file all the claims with Paypal and Ebay...either way, it'll be a major pain in the ass I'm guessing.

·
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool, thanks.

i called paypal and the person on the other end of the phone said that, since i've got seller protection...or something, that would never happen. the only way is if they complained about not getting the item, and he said it still wouldn't just disappear, they'd get a hold of me. i've got proof of shipping, and since it's insured the woman at the post office told me that they could track recieving. i think i'll be ok, but i'll post if something goes bad.

·
Common sense isn't common
986 Posts
If the money is in the sellers account the buyer cant cancel it the seller has too. Thats like taking money out of someone bank account with out authorization. I've had to do the same thing before. I had no option ot cancel it once it was in in their acount..

Sellers usually send the item to me the day I transfer money to their Paypal account not there bank account.

·
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
normally i wouldn't worry about it, but when the guy is saying stuff like, "i leaving US AUG 6", and, "I send you the monies" i get nervous.

:joke he really didn't type like that, but he did say he was leaving the US at the end of the week and that just seemed suspicious to me, especially after reading so many fraud stories. :dunno:

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Ordie said:
If the money is in the sellers account the buyer cant cancel it the seller has too. Thats like taking money out of someone bank account with out authorization. I've had to do the same thing before. I had no option ot cancel it once it was in in their acount..

Wrong.

If the buyer files a dispute, many times Paypal will just immediately refund the money.

A very good friend of mine had it happen to him. Lost a couple hundred bucks, and the guy that cancelled the payment still took delivery of the item.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts