Sport Bikes banner

Paying tolls on bike

897 views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  IL0veFish 
#1 ·
Well I have a trip that takes me through Chicago and avoiding the tolls is very time consuming and damn near impossible (or so I believe). . .

I was wondering what is the best way to prepare to pay them? I will be fully geared and find it hard to believe you can take your gloves off, dig into the pocket, and pull out money without the a-hole cagers tootin their horns.

#5 ·
netboog said:
I dont go through Chicago that frequent to warrant one. . . Maybe 5 times a year
Still totally worth it. Makes life easy and I almost never go though tolls, but I got one just the same.

-Matt

#6 ·
if the speedpass is free, just get the speedpass.
if the tolls are in dollar amounts (or you dont care about the remaining change) just roll up about 7 dollars in dollar bills and put it inside ur glove against ur palm. i do that it stays well and doesnt interupt my riding. when it comes time pay, i just undo the velcro strip on my glove and i pull the money outta my palm. its pretty easy.

#8 ·
Flash6R said:
if the speedpass is free, just get the speedpass.
if the tolls are in dollar amounts (or you dont care about the remaining change) just roll up about 7 dollars in dollar bills and put it inside ur glove against ur palm. i do that it stays well and doesnt interupt my riding. when it comes time pay, i just undo the velcro strip on my glove and i pull the money outta my palm. its pretty easy.
+1....... I usually stash my ATM & cash in my gloves

#10 ·
prwest said:
Get a speed pass?
In Illinois they call it I-Pass. Do you by chance know anyone that might have an I-Pass that they'll let you borrow? It's definitely the best and easiest way to do it.

#14 ·
I just rode up to NH yesterday and had to pay 2 tolls. The first time going through, I totally forgot about it so I wasn't prepared. I got into the line that was exact change only but I didn't have exact change. So, I had to cut across some lanes, take of my gloves, unzip my jacket and pull out a wrinkled up dollar to pay the lady with. On my way back, I made sure to be ready so I took my glove off early, stuck it over my tach, and had change ready to go in my pocket. Tolls suck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.