Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Both of these movies get reviewed together. The reason, both are just bits and pieces of movies that were actually good and just strung together w/ the flimsiest of plot lines. Four thumbs down.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Paycheck was cool, it was a different type of suspens...I give it middle of the road

the Core, I liked it. Sure it was cheesey, but hey that's OK

·
Banned
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FreakShowRob said:
haven't seen neither..so how bad we talking..rent or wait until they come out on cable bad?
Wait until they come out on cable. Paycheck is easily worse than The Core.

·
SBN's Slowest Member
1,312 Posts
paycheck was o.k. but the core sucked

·
Valiant Poultry
15,151 Posts
Didn't see either.

Realized how much they sucked before wasting my time watching them.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Core was awful but it didn't stop me from copying...er making a backup of it. I am sure I'll do the same with Paycheck eventually. I mean come on...I have a movie called Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter in my collection. It doesn't get much worse.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
There's too much scientific interest in me to have stomached The Core. Next to Armeggedon, The Core has some of the worst physics in movie making history. Explosions in space in bad Sci-Fi movies was less horrendous than the treatment of science in The Core.
The very basis for the film is simply retarded. The effects of a loss of magnetophere was pure hollywood garbage. And re-starting the earth core's rotation with nukes is beyond stupid. Strait to asinine, do not pass go and collect a science major.

I know movies are supposed to entertain. And that suspension of belief is required. But when the very premise of a movie is so utterly silly, it just becomes impossible to enjoy a film.
The Core will be right up there with farenheit 9/11 in terms of realism and factual basis. Actually, I think the Core still beats Moore's blathering because it's simply less annoying. But no less fictional.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hey now! Suspension of disbelief is just about the only excersize I get these days! Do you have any idea how tiring it is to hold the disbelief up that high for that long through a movie like The Core?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts