Sport Bikes banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That's fine,as I said from the get go-I just pulled the figures off the net and didn't "deduct" for the CBR.If the Paton is crank then the rear wheel of that figure would be reasonable.Regardless,none of them are that far off each other which makes the power decent for the weight.
For some,maybe the the sole criteria when buying a bike is how much hp you can get for your dollar.For others,it's not. :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
"Two versions of the front fairing will also be available, one with a dual-headlight setup, and one a classic round headlamp"

Paton launch S1 2014 production racer | Latest Auto Update

That tail looks ok otherwise, but those lights looks bit weird. I don't get the idea of making it look like old race bike and then spoil the looks with weird looking "modern" lights.

Since there's "standard" version and "limited edition" available, i guess Öhlins are not on standard version?

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
To me the HP is not the most important criteria, but for that kind of money you're not getting anything special other than a replica of an old racebike. It's not fast, it will get it's ass spanked by a mildly modded SV650 and it doesn't really look like a very high quality product either...

The Piaoli forks are nothing special.
The Brembo 2 piece axial calipers are nothing especial either.
Rizoma turn signals?
The exhaust is hideous. Termignoni? Probably the end pieces, the collector under the engine is awful.
The battery box is hideous and screams afterthought.

It's cool, you're not going to run into someone else riding the same bike as you, but that's pretty much all it has going for it. It's not really different to all the old race bike replicas that have been done, except you won't have to build it yourself.

By the way, I always laugh when a re-born marque overplays their history, heritage and passion, because they haven't got a whole going for their new bike.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Like this?

Fwiw,I like this too and getting pretty close to the Manx I always wanted.:cheers

·
Pit Bike Legend
3,339 Posts
roffle.
double?

How is it that these guys have managed to make a viable business model if they are losing 20 grand on every bike sold? Come on.
and if that isn't the case, how have they managed to swindle their way into getting parts for half the price?

:facepalm: Ever hear of economies of scale? It's a fuck of a lot cheaper and easier to build a bunch of the same thing, rather than build one from scratch custom. I said it would cost double, because to have one built custom, from scratch, would cost double. Maybe more, possibly, but not likely less. How do I know? BECAUSE IT'S WHAT I FUCKING DO FOR A LIVING.

·
Registered
9,277 Posts
:facepalm: Ever hear of economies of scale? It's a fuck of a lot cheaper and easier to build a bunch of the same thing, rather than build one from scratch custom. I said it would cost double, because to have one built custom, from scratch, would cost double. Maybe more, possibly, but not likely less. How do I know? BECAUSE IT'S WHAT I FUCKING DO FOR A LIVING.
WOW you windmill like a pro dude.
Just calm down, I do know that buying shit in bulk and assembling it in bulk does save some cash.

It was a hyperbolic statement, wherein I was questioning just how much a custom frame, some off the shelf suspension bits, and cool race plastics would cost. Not to mention that "in bulk" is relative here. I doubt they are looking to sell 13,000 of these every year.

It sure as SHIT ain't the motor that's costing so much.

You do it for a living, so I won't question you any further on the subject. Just. . .just calm down and don't show up at my house with a machete or some stupid shit.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts