Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i guess passing on the left on a 2lane road is legal now. (1 lane each way).
the entrance to my jobsite is mostly industrial, so people do well above 50mph (no posted speed limit). i was crusing about 30 getting ready to turn. i double pump my brake like normally do b4 i start braking, and turn on my left signal. i look in my mirror over my shoulder and see a car barreling down on me. thinking he's gonna go around to the right cuz im turning left i start to initiate the turn. i look over and here he comes on my left side!! so i slam my brakes as he goes flying by my on the left side doing about 45-50mph literally inches from the front of my bike almost T-boning me. i throw my hand up as a "wtf!?!" gesture just as i see all 3 of his kids in the backseat of his impala jump up and look out the back window at me.
so i pull into the parking area and decide, what the hell, imma see where this guy goes. but by the time i get turned around and out onto the road, there was 2-3 turnoff where he could have gone. going as fast as he was, he was probably long gone. the asswhipe didnt even look in his mirror back at me, or hit his brakes to slow down after he almost made me a windshield ornament. fucking cagers.
i was pretty shaken up for about an hour or so at work. i wanted to leave early and jsut go home cuz i cant really do much data entry when my hands wont stop shaking. :(

·
Registered
522 Posts
crazy shit, drivers out there are dicks. glad you're okay though.

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
I'm sure if you worked on it enough you seriously could mount a small RPG launcher on the bike, or a small machine gun. It wouldn't be exactly legal, but next time someone runs you off the road you make them think twice about doing it again, if they survived the RPG that is :lol

·
Registered
402 Posts
It was that type thing happening 2 times in about two hours, only one left me in HWY 231 facing oncoming traffic like in the 2nd Matrix movie. Sold my CBR900RR on ebay the next day. Been a year and a month, got a new CBR, rding again. Not sure who said it in here but it was great line:
"Don't ride like people CAN'T see you, ride like they CAN see you and they want to kill you."...true.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Damn, that is scary. Good to see you paying attention. It is a great lesson for any noob on here, including myself. Definitely glad to hear you are ok.

That is something I couldn't tell the wife about. (feels kinda like cheating, keeping secrets like that :twofinger )

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Not to flame anyone, but the sportbikes I see with the undertail, led lights. The turn signals ARE very hard to see in the daylight and are ILLEGAL. You could end up being found at fault in a situation like you describe

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
SqDancerLynn1 said:
Not to flame anyone, but the sportbikes I see with the undertail, led lights. The turn signals ARE very hard to see in the daylight and are ILLEGAL. You could end up being found at fault in a situation like you describe
im all stock. big stalk-turn sigs, stock incandescent bulbs, and i still have the mudflap license plate holder.

oh and on monday at about the same time, imma be watching that road. if i see that car again, imma chase him down and have a few words with him. :angry

·
Registered
522 Posts
Redlinger said:
Anyone know how to mount a TOW missle on a bike?

THAT would be cool as hell.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Good ol Az drivers, glad you're alright.

·
Suzuki 3000GT
2,107 Posts
It's only legal when you pass during the break-lines. But even if it was at the break-lines, he was in the wrong on several accounts.

·
Registered
731 Posts
hey, u saw the bright light at the end of the tunnel and in the last second u sayed "na, not yet".

and what about this scooter, it even shoots allready at cages who advance to fast towards one :D

Attachments

·
Sport Tourer
1,729 Posts
firefighter81 said:
you seriously could mount a small RPG launcher on the bike, or a small machine gun. It wouldn't be exactly legal
It'd be the same reason as why you'd own a fuzzbuster. "Just in case"

That's one sexy scooter, Zyankaly

·
Registered
731 Posts
I did read somewhere that its supposed to shoot BB bullets
(small 6mm or such light plasic bullets for those who don't know)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually it is not illegal in AZ to have a machine gun on your motorcycle. I have done so, albeit slung across my back and not mounted directly to the bike. I have ridden 8 miles down I-10 this way more than once on the way to a shooting match.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.