Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive heard these are pretty slow, but how fast can you take it up to 0-60mph? Also is riding with a passenger on a 250 possible? Say a combinded weight of 255 lbs? thanks

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
pretty slow compared to what, they run 13.5 1/4 mi's.......

it's a training bike, and new rider's really shouldn't take on other rider's until you get some miles.

and yes it'll still do 110 w/ 255lbs on board, how fast you get there will be effected.

·
Registered
168 Posts
RACER X said:

it's a training bike, and new rider's really shouldn't take on other rider's until you get some miles.

and yes it'll still do 110 w/ 255lbs on board, how fast you get there will be effected.
A 250r will run a 13.5 in the 1/4...I didn't know they were that quick.

·
Registered
205 Posts
A suped up one maybe. I was only able to get my stock 250 down in 15 secs as my fastest time.

Also, I've seen people pack each other on a 250 fine on the freeway. They were also smoking some of us in the cars.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Squid Killer said:
I just would never try to get on the freeway.
It's no problem at all. With 300 lbs combined weight it gets up to 80 mph pretty quick.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Squid Killer said:
I just would never try to get on the freeway.
Damn man......for an MSF instructor, you sure are negative about smaller displacement bikes.....WTF?

·
Registered
143 Posts
My wife has an older VTR250....I have ridden it 2 up when teaching her to ride. Wife and I combined on the bike with gear, etc are probably about 350 lbs. While its not gonna win any races it was plenty fast to ride with traffic, etc. Please remember though that the 250s are light bikes and whent he passengers weigh as much as the bikes the handling changes dramatically so if you are a noob be very careful.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
AnnieMei said:
A suped up one maybe. I was only able to get my stock 250 down in 15 secs as my fastest time.

Also, I've seen people pack each other on a 250 fine on the freeway. They were also smoking some of us in the cars.
Then you still had a lot to learn about how to make that bike go fast...

·
Registered
205 Posts
Süsser Tod said:
Then you still had a lot to learn about how to make that bike go fast...

excuse me? I was getting 1.8's on the 60ft on the 250 Ninja.
Stock set-up, the 250 ninja just doesn't do anything better high 14's, it'd be a mircale if you break the high 14's.

:It's quarter mile time is about 15.5 at about 82 MPH. It's 0-60 time is about 5.5 seconds.:

dont fucking insult me.

·
Mexican Hard Shell Taco
5,894 Posts
AnnieMei said:
excuse me? I was getting 1.8's on the 60ft on the 250 Ninja.
Stock set-up, the 250 ninja just doesn't do anything better high 14's, it'd be a mircale if you break the high 14's.

:It's quarter mile time is about 15.5 at about 82 MPH. It's 0-60 time is about 5.5 seconds.:

dont fucking insult me.

RACER X said:

Maybe a pro rider can get it to mid 13s, but consistent mid 14s are normal for that bike.

By the way, If you just didn't have any more interest on the little bike, its fine, no need to turn this into a personal war.

·
Registered
452 Posts
It shouldn't really matter what the 1/4-mile time for the Ninja 250 is. It's a beginner's bike.... they shouldn't be drag racing anyone.

Besides, it's still quicker than most 4-wheeled vehicles on the road.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts