Sport Bikes banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Mr Crash :(
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I am talking about the whole support brackets... I see they used torx screws so i believe it should be removable without too much trouble, but was wondering if anyone ever did that to clean up the back and if they experienced any other issues.

·
Banned
3,992 Posts
I put that question up before and a couple people said its a no-no cause its the tail section support. But from what I can see maybe its not too hard. Lemme know if you do it - I mean the R6 has the same frame and they don't run seat stays...but then again they aren't supporting an undertail exhaust or the big ole seat.

Better yet, try and figure out if you can bolt on a R6 tail section!

·
TD Survivor
944 Posts
yeah ive been thinking about doing this to mine. the wife wont ride with me so i have no one to ride on the back and would like to clean up the tail section a bit. would like to buy a spare subframe to do it to, but looks like i might just chop the tubes off while it is on the bike. if you do it before me, post some pics of the final product.

·
Registered
269 Posts
as you can see in the pics the parts that you are wanting to remove are welded on. To remove them, you will need a sawzall, a grinder, and some frame touchup paint. The rest of the part that you are wanting to take off is your rear subframe.

That is all.

Khyren

·
Mr Crash :(
5,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blah so it'll be a pain in the ass... I did not realize the sub frame was involved, and don`t think I`ll go through the pain of shaving off the passenger peg support bracket... I don`t have the tools or skills to do that properly.

Thanks Khyren for the details.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Chaosratt totally removed the drop mounts for the pegs on his 07 because they just bolt on. But on our 06's they are welded to the subframe(see pics I posted). So you will still have the drop mounts.

Khyren

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.