Sport Bikes banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
PUUUUHHHHLLLLLEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've toured thousands of miles on the FZ 2up. The bike is very much made for 2up riding and no, they don't put the passenger pegs on for liability reasons. They put them on there so you can have a PASSENGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bitchslap
Now just stop it you are all making me laugh now :lao

I think we should all just blank him when he comes on. Im quite sure he is about 12...where does he get all the ideas from??

Steve

·
Registered
506 Posts
Steve - thanks for the pic. I'm in a bit of a quandary because the e21's are small but the next size anyone offers is 36 liter (the v35 being too expensive). I don't want to go too big. Is there a North American source for Kappa? Even on foreign sites I haven't seen a 33L sidecase. Sorry for questions you've probably answered five times already.

Here's a site for nice, though not cheap, soft bags: RKA Products Page , but I don't want to go soft.

p.
I am not sure if they in the states but their web address is . . . Kappa Motomarket . . . > home

I have not looked at their site.

I like the hard bags because I feel my gear is safer when I park up and leave the bike when I am visiting places.

Steve

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you find one let me know. I would love to have a backrest on my boyfriends FZ6, but I can live without it. Thanks.

·
Riding with the King
218 Posts
Steve - thanks again. I found the K33N sidecases. The closest I've yet seen to what I want (wish they weren't 12" deep). I've an inquiry into the distributor to see if they sell to NY.

p.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
I've taken many a hottie for a ride on the fz6, never had a problem with it 2-up.

Also, I have only seen one girl riding here, and she is definitely not a looker. Props to her for riding though!

·
Keep It Kosher
1,038 Posts
I have the Corbin backrest, which is awesome, but I'm not really making use of it at all. If anyone decides they are interested in it, please PM me and I'll make a good deal for you.

·
Banned
436 Posts
a flip up passenger backrest as part of the seat is almost the same as a sissy bar like on a cruiser bike.
I strongly believe any type of backrest-sissy bar on any bike is dangerous and unsafe, they cause additional and more serious injuries if you wreck by either holding you on the bike or the backrest coming in contact with your body if the bike falls on you.
I believe its more safe to be thrown from the bike if involved in a wreck.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
a flip up passenger backrest as part of the seat is almost the same as a sissy bar like on a cruiser bike.
I strongly believe any type of backrest-sissy bar on any bike is dangerous and unsafe, they cause additional and more serious injuries if you wreck by either holding you on the bike or the backrest coming in contact with your body if the bike falls on you.
I believe its more safe to be thrown from the bike if involved in a wreck.
Cut the crap and talk about something you actually know something about. As someone who has had layed down a bike with a corbin seat and backrest, the backrest does not "keep the passenger on the bike, or increase the risk of injury. If you highside, the backrest will not impede your ejection off the bike.

I would hate for some noob to read your stuff and believe it.

·
Keep It Kosher
1,038 Posts
Cut the crap and talk about something you actually know something about. As someone who has had layed down a bike with a corbin seat and backrest, the backrest does not "keep the passenger on the bike, or increase the risk of injury. If you highside, the backrest will not impede your ejection off the bike.

I would hate for some noob to read your stuff and believe it.
^+1
Some of the crap that comes out of BarrtRice's mouth/keyboard just amazes me. It's like he was taught all of the wrong things about motorcycles and took them as gospel.

·
Lemming's Revenge
665 Posts
IT LOOKS STUPID SEEING A PASSENGER ON THE BACK OF ANY SMALL SPORTBIKE
I don't care how it looks, my girl and I love flying on the FZ6. Afterall our enjoyment is why I bought the damn thing. If some starbucks poser has a problem with it, that is his problem.

·
Beware the drop bears
480 Posts
Originally Posted by BarrtRice
IT LOOKS STUPID SEEING A PASSENGER ON THE BACK OF ANY SMALL SPORTBIKE

Only if the passenger is you.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I don't care how it looks, my girl and I love flying on the FZ6. Afterall our enjoyment is why I bought the damn thing. If some starbucks poser has a problem with it, that is his problem.
Starbucks Poser LOL.......good one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Back rest wanted

I have the Corbin backrest, which is awesome, but I'm not really making use of it at all. If anyone decides they are interested in it, please PM me and I'll make a good deal for you.
Do you still have that back rest?

·
Lemming's Revenge
665 Posts
I know you said you didn't want to get the corbin backrest, but I must say that it was worth every cent.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts