Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyway to get a backrest for the passenger that is removable. I'm not looking to fork out 300 for a corbin then another 150 for the backrest. I basically am giving my passenger a piggy back ride when shes on, and the backrest should give her more confidence to lean back. Not sure if anyone fabbed something up, but I definitely want it removable. Thanks guys.

·
Saratogian
3,627 Posts
Probably not what you're looking for, but a top case works really well and is removeable...buy a used setup and it won't be that expensive.

Tell her to use the grab rails...one hand forward, one closer to the back...she should be fine like that.

·
Riding with the King
218 Posts
Steve, you've got the setup I think I want to get. Givi tube racks with a Givi or Shad? case? What size sidecases do you have? I think everything but the e21's are pretty big.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
I like the looks and design of the shad rack better. The Givi is very intrusive looking and ruins the lines of the bike.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
I like the looks and design of the shad rack better. The Givi is very intrusive looking and ruins the lines of the bike.
Any top or side case ruins the lines of a bike, but since I am about function over form, I have a topcase installed. Since we are talking function over form, I think the way the Givi rack mounts tothe FZ6 subframe is a lot better than the Shad method. The shad method looks too ghetto for me.

·
Banned
436 Posts
May I make a suggestion?
The FZ6 is not the kind of bike thats designed for riding a passenger.
I would suggest to buy her a Kawasaki 250 Ninja and she can ride with you.

I own 2 bikes, FZ6 and a Suzuki M50 cruiser bike, when one of my chubby babes wants me to take her for a ride, I drag out the Suzuki M50
I never tell her that shes too heavy and her butt is too big for riding on back of the FZ6 cause I don't wanta hurt her feelings and I wanta score later.

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
May I make a suggestion?
as long as it does not involve amsoil...

The FZ6 is not the kind of bike thats designed for riding a passenger.
WRONG!!!

I would suggest to buy her a Kawasaki 250 Ninja and she can ride with you.
wrong again. I would never buy a 250 anything.

I own 2 bikes, FZ6 and a Suzuki M50 cruiser bike, when one of my chubby babes wants me to take her for a ride, I drag out the Suzuki M50
I never tell her that shes too heavy and her butt is too big for riding on back of the FZ6 cause I don't wanta hurt her feelings and I wanta score later.
If she is too heavy, sh is not chubby. She is fat. I don't give rides to fat (or chubby) girls.

You are just going about this all wrong.

·
Banned
436 Posts
You guys are missing out
I live in a college town, hot babes everywhere!
where I come from you will "NEVER" see any female riding on back of any type of sport bike!
the hot, skinny girls ride their own bikes
the only females you see on the back of bikes are older, chubby women on the back of HD's
where I come from the men are men and the women are men

·
Wildcat Fanatic
1,519 Posts
You guys are missing out
I live in a college town, hot babes everywhere!
where I come from you will "NEVER" see any female riding on back of any type of sport bike!
the hot, skinny girls ride their own bikes
the only females you see on the back of bikes are older, chubby women on the back of HD's
where I come from the men are men and the women are men
:eek:nfloor:eek:nfloor:eek:nfloor Oh lord, he never ceases to make me laugh! He's a complete MORON, but god it's a riot! :lao

·
Registered
506 Posts
The FZ6 is a sports touring bike...The seat is designed long enough for 2 people to sit on and what the hell are those foot things at the back for???

My boxes are Kappa. The top box is a K35 and the side boxes are 33ltr boxes. They are really sturdy and come off in seconds.

Steve

·
Banned
436 Posts
I will make it simple for you guys to understand!

IT LOOKS STUPID SEEING A PASSENGER ON THE BACK OF ANY SMALL SPORTBIKE

the passeneger footpegs are on there to protect the manufactuer from liability lawsuits

·
Registered
6,267 Posts
I doubt it, but at least you tried without using the amsoil anywhere in this reply...

I have seen some nice looking rear ends being hauled around as passengers, so I would have to assume your statement is in error.

the passeneger footpegs are on there to protect the manufactuer from liability lawsuits
The passenger footpegs are there, because some bike owner might want to take a passenger for a ride. Look at any bike with a factory solo seat. There are no passenger footpegs.

·
Registered
506 Posts

Well I will not do a poll on here to ask about passengers on a FZ6 so lets just say that in your opinion it looks stupid.

So seeing as your opinion means squat to me or anyone else in the forum that is a non starter.

As for the liability lawsuits...thats interesting where can I find the legislation that explains this pearl of wisdom?

Steve

·
Riding with the King
218 Posts
I guess you could say the pass pegs are there for liability, for if they ran a pass seat without pegs they'd be owned in court. But they freely choose to run a pass seat, eh? Do you ever think before you post? Or maybe the reason behind it all is simply attention - of any kind.

·
Riding with the King
218 Posts
Steve - thanks for the pic. I'm in a bit of a quandary because the e21's are small but the next size anyone offers is 36 liter (the v35 being too expensive). I don't want to go too big. Is there a North American source for Kappa? Even on foreign sites I haven't seen a 33L sidecase. Sorry for questions you've probably answered five times already.

Here's a site for nice, though not cheap, soft bags: RKA Products Page , but I don't want to go soft.

p.

·
On The Job
1,739 Posts

PUUUUHHHHLLLLLEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've toured thousands of miles on the FZ 2up. The bike is very much made for 2up riding and no, they don't put the passenger pegs on for liability reasons. They put them on there so you can have a PASSENGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bitchslap

1 - 20 of 40 Posts