Sport Bikes banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOOHOO I PASSED... Now I can get my license and go out riding my ninja 500 ;-) Mine wasn't supposed to be until october 9th, but I was able to sneak in this weekend.. woohoo I passed. So today I go register the bike, get the plates, and probably take it out for a spin. I cannot wait... I will try to get pictures of the bike and myself as soon as I can.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
congrats, i had 11 of my 12 students pass this weekend, the guy who failed crashed 2x on the same exercise....... :(

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the class I was in started out with 12 and ended up with 9 because 3 quit. I had one mental fubar on the test and it was something I had done well all day long. we got rained out on saturday and were on bikes from 7:30 am to ~5pm under the sweltering sun. heheh I was fried.. I had never ridden before the course and now I know what I need to work on... It was a great course and lots of fun. I am so exstatic i will probably take it for a ride around the neighborhoiod tonight so I can get used to the bike.. esp seeing how I have a 500 and the practice bikes were gz250's.

Woohoo I passed.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
wow, 3 quit.......crazy

·
Registered
25 Posts
Coool Cant Wait To See Your Bike !!!!!!!!!! :)

Hope My Back Gets Better So I Can Mybe Get A New Bike Soon.

When Does YOUR Wife Go To Class ??

For All To Know. We Work At The Same Place...

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
congrat's on passing the course, just be careful out there.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks

thanks all for the congrats..

Well today was my first day riding my bike to work also first day riding my bike period.. wow was it awesome.. I cannot wait to go home now :cool:
My ninja 500 is beautiful, corners like a dream, and extremely smooth.

WOOHOO!!!

AB

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
now that you have a good foundation, take your bike into a parking, and practice your emergency braking and swerving......

watch for oil on the parking lot......

·
Registered
121 Posts
RACER X said:
congrats, i had 11 of my 12 students pass this weekend, the guy who failed crashed 2x on the same exercise....... :(
I thought if you just dropped the bike one time that was it for you? You give them a second chance?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Racer X, what exercise did your student crash in ??

When i took MSF, nobody actually crashed was surprised when i read that someone crashed during MSF. That sucks.

Well have fun with your riding season Aboivin.

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
the ex (ex 7.) where you ride in an oval, split the group 6 at a time.......

people crash all the time......

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
buzzard said:
I thought if you just dropped the bike one time that was it for you? You give them a second chance?
+1. When I took the course and a guy dumped the bike during an ex. (test), they told him to go to the office and sign up for the next class. He was done. Hmm...guess the rules are different for every location? Or maybe Racer X meant you can dump the bike during an exercise, but not a test?

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
yup. you drop the bike on the final EVAL, you failed.

it's up to the inst. about how many times you crashed during the reg. exercises.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Our instructor for the class told us during final eval that if you drop the bike you were done.. we had no drops during eval..

On a better note... My wife took her MSF this weekend and passed with flying colors. YAY for her!! She did great. Tonight we are going to look at a 2002 ninja 250r. I cannot wait for us to be able to go riding together.

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
aboivin said:
Our instructor for the class told us during final eval that if you drop the bike you were done.. we had no drops during eval..

On a better note... My wife took her MSF this weekend and passed with flying colors. YAY for her!! She did great. Tonight we are going to look at a 2002 ninja 250r. I cannot wait for us to be able to go riding together.
Congrats to you both! :dblthumb

·
Registered
22 Posts
i took it this past weekend, a chick dropped the bike on the stopping portion of the test. they let her redo it and she passed....

·
Registered
20 Posts
I passed to :D

I wasnt to sure I was going to on the 2nd day, the first thing I do when I get the bike started is crank the throttle and I went shooting off straight into the middle of the range while everyone else was doing circles around it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts