Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I completed my MSF course today - I started riding *my* first bike in May - a '96 VFR 750. I had ridden a few summers back on an old and beaten Kawasaki 400-500cc bike. Anyways the course was a BLAST. I learned a lot more than I had expected. My expectations were to "fill in the holes" of basic riding but the course completely reshaped me. I definately recommend to ALL new riders - even those with some experience.

Their bikes are great, I had a Kawasaki Eliminator - definately a beast. I scraped the pegs twice(!!) and made some great turns afterwards after knowing the bikes limits. To me it was like riding go-carts all weekend, no fear and you don't mind if you mess up :D I didn't quite mess up though - I scored a 100 on my riding test and a 98 on the written.

After coming home and riding the VFR down to my local industrial park I attempted u-turns, circles and heavy braking - all performed 10x better than I was before. I could barely do a u-turn before and now I can ride circles till I'm dizzy :)

That's enough of my speil for now - had a great time and again I highly recommend it - I now know what all the talk about MSF is about!

·
El A MC Rider
336 Posts
Congratulations and good job! :D Only wish more folks would take the MSF course. Always good to hear another converted member :twofinger

·
Registered
5,240 Posts
CONGRATS on passing the MSF! How cool for you! Wooo Hooo, and great scores by the way! Now you can join the rest of us, and not just make this a hobby, but a lifestyle!!

again, CONRATS!!

·
Registered
10,767 Posts
like the others said congrats on passing the msf, now go out there and have some fun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fun - can do! I've been ride deprived the past two weeks because of rain but the forecasts give me clear skies through Sunday of next week!

I'll be calling my insurance company first thing in the morning to notify them of my success and my subsequent discount :D

·
Registered
48 Posts
Slid. said:
So I completed my MSF course today - I started riding *my* first bike in May - a '96 VFR 750. I had ridden a few summers back on an old and beaten Kawasaki 400-500cc bike. Anyways the course was a BLAST. I learned a lot more than I had expected. My expectations were to "fill in the holes" of basic riding but the course completely reshaped me. I definately recommend to ALL new riders - even those with some experience.

Their bikes are great, I had a Kawasaki Eliminator - definately a beast. I scraped the pegs twice(!!) and made some great turns afterwards after knowing the bikes limits. To me it was like riding go-carts all weekend, no fear and you don't mind if you mess up :D I didn't quite mess up though - I scored a 100 on my riding test and a 98 on the written.

After coming home and riding the VFR down to my local industrial park I attempted u-turns, circles and heavy braking - all performed 10x better than I was before. I could barely do a u-turn before and now I can ride circles till I'm dizzy :)

That's enough of my speil for now - had a great time and again I highly recommend it - I now know what all the talk about MSF is about!

Congratulations Slid! I used to live in Manchester, NH before moving to NJ. NH is a very biker friendly place that I have always enjoyed. My MSF course is scheduled for the 27th of this month! Can't wait to learn from the pros.
Congrats once again!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Congrats bro! Just be careful out there.....there are a lot of friggin morons driving cars.

·
Registered
30 Posts
thats cool bro, hope i do as well as u do...grats again on the accomplishment :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Who said rain is an excuse. I love riding in the rain, all teh cages go away and I get the road up in the hill to myself. With the exception of man-holes and paint stripe you have about 80% traction, nothing to be afraid of. I'd rather be wet than cold any day of the week......but I live in Hawai'i.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts