Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on my way home from work and met a guy here in our small town on his gsxr 1000. He passed my friend and I and turned back around to catch up with us. We had just turned onto the highway and sped up to 70mph quickly and then let off once we hit the speed limit. I watched him in my mirror catch up to us quickly then he popped it up on the back tire and passed us. We were on a 4 lane with no other cars around us. As he passed us I noticed that his front tire was turned alot to the right and hoped that he would land it safely and he did. He was only wearing sun glasses for his protective gear. (alot huh?) I just hope none of these guys get hurt doing this crap on the streets or get me tangled up in them if they crash.
 

·
Industrial superstar
Joined
·
722 Posts
I never understood why guys do this. I have had the same thing. Whoopty doo like I care that someone I don't know can do a wheelie. Are they trying to make a point or impress or what. Usually they just assume that you are some new guy that they are gonna impress or something. Usually just anti-social asses that you see around for one year at the most before they pile their posing asses into the street.
 

·
You will be missed Shawn
Joined
·
6,508 Posts
er, that was me :D......j/k

seriously though, not everyone that pops it up is trying to impress someone. have you ever ridden the 1K? that thing has amazing torque and if you crack it just a hair too much, the front comes up. I know this b/c I have one in my garage along side my R1. Both bikes will rise w/o any effort. And believe me, I am not a poser.

just my .02
 

·
You will be missed Shawn
Joined
·
6,508 Posts
oh BTW, yzf600, where in Kansas are you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
silent_R1 said:
er, that was me :D......j/k

seriously though, not everyone that pops it up is trying to impress someone. have you ever ridden the 1K? that thing has amazing torque and if you crack it just a hair too much, the front comes up. I know this b/c I have one in my garage along side my R1. Both bikes will rise w/o any effort. And believe me, I am not a poser.

just my .02
very true i cant keep the front wheel down because it is so easy to pull wheelies...i used to do it all the time on my 6 but on the the 1K its like so smooth i love it...i dont pull wheelies for anyone other then the fun i get outa it...unless there's chics around j/k...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Sounds like a squid to me.

No gear + liter bike + wheelies on a highway = squid

Sounds like he was putting you in danger with his antics as well as himself.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,217 Posts
why dont you just enjoy the wheelie instead of coming on here and bitchin? i bet you're just jealous cuz you cant do it. :lame
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
Same thing happened to me, and the guy was about 2 feet away from me and I had my girlfriend on the back... what a prick, not only was he uncontrolled but he could have taken out me and my girlfriend.... all for what? Trying to impress, but nobody cares!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
snigg said:
why dont you just enjoy the wheelie instead of coming on here and bitchin? i bet you're just jealous cuz you cant do it. :lame
i second dat motion...wheelies are like handshakes...if you cant give a good one you probably got a limp wrist...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
joberly said:
Same thing happened to me, and the guy was about 2 feet away from me and I had my girlfriend on the back... what a prick, not only was he uncontrolled but he could have taken out me and my girlfriend.... all for what? Trying to impress, but nobody cares!
if nobody carez why do so many people come on here and bitch about it???i bet the guy who poped it didnt think twice about what anyone thought...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
750 Posts
That's true, and I wouldn't have thought twice about it, it's just the fact that he was WAY too close to me, set it down shakey, and immediatly locked up the rear while downshifting and trying to take a turn at the same time.... seeing that he wasn't very controlled made me angry because he came so close to me... otherwise I probably would have given him a thumbs up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
173 Posts
joberly said:
That's true, and I wouldn't have thought twice about it, it's just the fact that he was WAY too close to me, set it down shakey, and immediatly locked up the rear while downshifting and trying to take a turn at the same time.... seeing that he wasn't very controlled made me angry because he came so close to me... otherwise I probably would have given him a thumbs up.
now i understand your fustration w/ the assjack...if you cant do it right dont do it at all...and especially dont put other ppl at risk...he's lucky if my grl was on the back she would have made me catch him and she would have beat his ass... :spank
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,754 Posts
Once again, the english language has been utterly desecrated by "stuntaz", nonetheless.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
558 Posts
maybe he just wanted you to wheelie with him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
808 said:
i second dat motion...wheelies are like handshakes...if you cant give a good one you probably got a limp wrist...
I third that. If your down, bring it up! Like me and the boyz say "high pipe'n' kid!" :headbang
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
YZF600_SILVER_CAT said:
Was on my way home from work and met a guy here in our small town on his gsxr 1000. He passed my friend and I and turned back around to catch up with us. We had just turned onto the highway and sped up to 70mph quickly and then let off once we hit the speed limit. I watched him in my mirror catch up to us quickly then he popped it up on the back tire and passed us. We were on a 4 lane with no other cars around us. As he passed us I noticed that his front tire was turned alot to the right and hoped that he would land it safely and he did. He was only wearing sun glasses for his protective gear. (alot huh?) I just hope none of these guys get hurt doing this crap on the streets or get me tangled up in them if they crash.

Don't worry about riders like that, they will always be around. I was coming back from carving some mountain roads, and making my way back home on the slab. I was traveling with a buddy, we had on full gear, and doing the speed limit or 5 to 10 mph over, when all of a sudden hear comes 5 or 6 riders in tee shirts, doing stand up wheelies, then hitting triple digits. We shook our heads and contiune on.

However, if you see them coming up on you, get out of their way, let them go.

ceh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
149 Posts
Personally I don't mind the stunting aspect of motorcycles.
Tank wheelies,endos,stand up wheelies,circle wheelies,whatever you got go for it, it takes incredible skill to accomplish & master those moves.
As far as doing them on the highway in-between cars and shit,thats too hot for my blood....Im just not crazy enough to go through with it.
YZF600_SILVER_CAT,I do however understand where you are coming from, once it becomes your business if your not interested in that type of thing, you have the ultimate right to be upset, luckily nobody was hurt in your situation, so that's good. Though oneday I would love to do some nice 70-90mph wheelies for blocks,haha. :flipa
You cant have the good without the bad plain and simple..but...
"Stuntaz" & "Kneedraggers" need to find a common ground at one point or another because sometimes the arguments become overwhelmingly ridiculous, I dont think it will happen but hey, we can dream right. :alky :alky :alky
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
71 Posts
FunCrusher said:
Personally I don't mind the stunting aspect of motorcycles.
Tank wheelies,endos,stand up wheelies,circle wheelies,whatever you got go for it, it takes incredible skill to accomplish & master those moves.
As far as doing them on the highway in-between cars and shit,thats too hot for my blood....Im just not crazy enough to go through with it.
YZF600_SILVER_CAT,I do however understand where you are coming from, once it becomes your business if your not interested in that type of thing, you have the ultimate right to be upset, luckily nobody was hurt in your situation, so that's good. Though oneday I would love to do some nice 70-90mph wheelies for blocks,haha. :flipa
You cant have the good without the bad plain and simple..but...
"Stuntaz" & "Kneedraggers" need to find a common ground at one point or another because sometimes the arguments become overwhelmingly ridiculous, I dont think it will happen but hey, we can dream right. :alky :alky :alky
I agree with FunCrusher I know alot of riders that do stunts not my thing ok to watch I just hate stupid little pricks that bring it up in a group to close to other riders just stupid. I don't mind you risking your ass but don't risk mine or I will knock your ass out. These are usually the same peolpe can hold a line in a corner or straight section either and are riding to damn close. I don't know you get the fuck away..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
496 Posts
HDGP said:
I agree with FunCrusher I know alot of riders that do stunts not my thing ok to watch I just hate stupid little pricks that bring it up in a group to close to other riders just stupid. I don't mind you risking your ass but don't risk mine or I will knock your ass out. These are usually the same peolpe can hold a line in a corner or straight section either and are riding to damn close. I don't know you get the fuck away..
I'll go with you on that HD. I love to stunt but there is a time and a place for everything. When your in a pack and some @$$hole decides to get stupid I'd knock is ass out too! :flamed
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top