Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all you parts guru's help me out.

Will a upper fairing stay off of an f4 fit an 02 f4i?

Will a upper fairing stay off of an 01 f4i fit an 02?

Will a 00 zx9 sub frame fit an 00 zx6r?

I don't want to have to call the shop so if yall know let me know please.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
not sure what you mean on your first question...

2) yes

3) no...may be able to make it work but they are a little different

·
Registered
531 Posts
(1 Nope they have different air intakes and curved differently where the lower and upper meet.
(2 yes
(3 no idea

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
1) I dunno
2) I dunno
3) I dunno
:lol :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
gixerking said:
3) no...may be able to make it work but they are a little different
How do you know? You hate Kawasaki's. :lol

Stacey (sp?) I haven't heard from Jason on that side cover yet. I'll give him a shout, Fred still needs it right?

·
Tallahassee Powersports
1,084 Posts
zts gixx said:

Stacey (sp?) I haven't heard from Jason on that side cover yet. I'll give him a shout, Fred still needs it right?
I have a 95 zx6r engine in the garage, if anything on it will help?

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
zts gixx said:

its part of being king, you just know these things :flipa

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
zts gixx said:
having owned a cowasucky i concur - i hate 'em :leghump

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
badgixxer said:
having owned a cowasucky i concur - i hate 'em :leghump

awww come on, you know that ride home from getting my 02 brand new was priceless :D

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea Zach he still needs it!!!!

Oh and thanx everyone. Even you Badgixxer.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I have been the only one at the shop this week. I have not yet found the side cover at home, I do know that it is there but it may have a few scratches on it. But I know that it still hold fluid.

·
Registered
94 Posts
XRacerX said:
I have a 95 zx6r engine in the garage, if anything on it will help?
About the only thing that is interchangeable between the 95 and 2000 model zx-6r is the clutch ass. and cover. If i reemember right Fred needs the right side cover which is the stator cover.
Oh, and the sub-frames are different on the zx6r and zx9r. So, GK had a lucky guess.

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
Gotgreen? said:
About the only thing that is interchangeable between the 95 and 2000 model zx-6r is the clutch ass. and cover. If i reemember right Fred needs the right side cover which is the stator cover.
Oh, and the sub-frames are different on the zx6r and zx9r. So, GK had a lucky guess.

lucky guess...ha whateva jackslap, i said they was different but they may be able to rig it. if i didnt know i would have said "i dunno" :flipa

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He needs both sides to tell ya the truth, but he needs the left side right now to hold oil.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh I forgot to ask you Jason, how rude of me, how are ya healing up? I'm still sore as hell, still got a big ass bruise on my arm and ribs hurt still pretty bad. Hope you healed up pretty good.

·
Registered
94 Posts
chicw/speed said:
Oh I forgot to ask you Jason, how rude of me, how are ya healing up? I'm still sore as hell, still got a big ass bruise on my arm and ribs hurt still pretty bad. Hope you healed up pretty good.
Doing just fine, still have a small lump on my shin but that is it. Hope you get to feeling better soon.
As for the parts on Fred's bike, I have both of those covers. I would probably let them both go if you still need them. The one side is the stator cover, I will let the cover go but I don't really want to get rid of the stator cause they are rather expensive. The other side has two covers, there is the clutch and ignition rotor cover, I have everything. Just let me know exactly what you need. I will pm you my # so you can just call, I'm not on here too much anymore and I will be out of town the next couple of days.

·
Registered
94 Posts
chicw/speed said:
Sounds good...

Oh do ya got this fixed yet??
getting there, the rear set is fixed and I have mounted a fog light. got to looking into the damage a little more and realized that the right side clip-on is bent, tried to bend it back but it won't budge. going to have to wait till money is a little better and buy some after markets.
how is your search for parts going?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not real good. Those upper fairing brackets are hard to come by. Thats really all I need to get I already ordered front brake lever. I dont' care about plastic just as long as I can ride and try to do something to get my light attached secure. Sorry Fred didn't call you last night I told him to. Maybe he will tonight.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts