Sport Bikes banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Just puttin' along
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is with people that park in the fire lane in front of stores? :chair
It seems to be the worst around here at grocery stores.Ok if you are loading groceries fine,but not if you park there because your lazy ass can't walk another 50 feet.Then there are the peole that ride around for 5 minutes looking for a closer spot.Jesus Christ on a moped just park already.Ok had to get that out.I just came back from a grocery store run on lunch and saw some asshat park in the fire lane and some lady in her new Jag convertible parked there waiting for someone.That is all.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
Kust wait did you ever see what the fire dept. does if it is there when there isd a fire? They will push the car out of the way with the bumper of the truck and if needed they will bust the windows out to run the hose through it. I have seen this once before.

·
Registered
471 Posts
unfortunately the fine in most places is small. In palm beach county, its a $10 fine.... With such a small fine like that, most people will take the chance...

·
Registered
533 Posts
ive seen them bust the windows and run a hose thru the car, great sight.

that also gets to me when i see people drive in circles 50 times to find a spot, i love parking and just staring at them as i walk the 50ft they can't seem to.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I see it all the time here. One time at Sams Wholesale it was raining and some old bastard pulled up in front of the door (within inches) and unloaded. Noone was comming in OR out until he was finished. Everyone was so shocked they just watched and stared.

Like you said, most people will drive around for EVER until they find a closer spot, even at my kids daycare, they like to park in the drop-off area near the door and visit, etc. I had to carry my son in the rain this morning because 4 SUVs were parked under the canopy and were BS'ing inside.

TOTAL DISREGARD FOR ANYONE ELSE GET THE BIG... FUKK YOU

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
The pushing of the car by the truck would probably do more monetary damage than the breaking of the windows. Chances are the airbag(s) would be expired, and there would be significant damage to the bumper of the car, and possibly the paneling of the car depending how how it was pushed and where it was pushed. Moreover, if there is any damage to the firetruck from the pushing of the car, the owner of the car would be liable (not to mention the fines for parking there etc).

·
Registered
234 Posts
That picture kills me. You know it was probably more trouble for the fireman to run the hose through the windows of the car then it would have been for them to just run it around the car a few more feet. :) Gotta love it.

·
Banned
1,097 Posts
Most people are ridiculously self-centered these days. People will do whatever it takes to park closer/not wait in line/get ahead even if they end up looking like total dipshits. I hate riding in the car with drivers who pass all kinds of waiting people and try to sneak in to an offramp at the last second-- like nobody else who actually got in to the proper lane early has anything important to do. When traffic builds up on my commute home, it's always the Bentleys and Mercedes drivers that drive on the shoulder/bike lane because they're so fucking important. Self-centered motherfuckers.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
MAGNUM636 said:
Most people are ridiculously self-centered these days.
+1 It all comes down to the fact that they are much to important (in their own minds) to have to park anywhere far out in the lot.
Yesterday when I was pulling into Home Depot, there was an old guy returning to his car with one of the little motorized carts that the store provides. He pulled it up and parked it behind the car next to him, gets in his own car, and leaves! The clincher though, was that the car next to him was waiting to pull out! :eek:nfloor I pulled in to the spot when the old guy pulled out. The guy blocked in gets out too shocked to be pissed. All either one of us could do was shake our heads.

·
Like Bing and Bong
795 Posts
At least they could drop them off and then drive around and come back.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Houston_Rider said:
Like you said, most people will drive around for EVER until they find a closer spot, even at my kids daycare, they like to park in the drop-off area near the door and visit, etc. I had to carry my son in the rain this morning because 4 SUVs were parked under the canopy and were BS'ing inside.
Should have parked and snuck up tp their cars/SUV's and opened the doors in the rain. My wife will pull up behind them and stand on the horn for as long as it takes for someone like that to move.

Randall

1 - 12 of 12 Posts