Sport Bikes banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange question. Has anyone painted or decorated their Apinestars boots? I have the Supertech R's in blue and love them. However, I am getting a bit sick of the blue and wonder if anyone has tried to paint, stickerbomb, or decorate their boots and how they have gone about doing it. Not bedazzled ones though!

Will paint adhere well to the surface of the boots? I know that some graphics companies will make stickers with your race number and other things for the boots and I am wondering if there are any other ideas out there.

Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
21,263 Posts
Strange question. Has anyone painted or decorated their Apinestars boots? I have the Supertech R's in blue and love them. However, I am getting a bit sick of the blue and wonder if anyone has tried to paint, stickerbomb, or decorate their boots and how they have gone about doing it. Not bedazzled ones though!

Will paint adhere well to the surface of the boots? I know that some graphics companies will make stickers with your race number and other things for the boots and I am wondering if there are any other ideas out there.

Thanks in advance for the input.

I can imagine durability would be a big issue.

At the very least, you should paint them pink I'd you do.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
King of the Hopeless
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha. Not pink - I am thinking of a matte color or stickerbombing them and then doing a clear coat on top. Not really sure at this point.

·
The cake is a lie
10,153 Posts
I don't think it would work very well. Paint often doesn't stick very well to plastic to begin with, and when it's a pliable surface the paint would be pretty much be guaranteed to un-adhere (this is now a word) pretty quickly.

You'd be best off with putting stickers/vinyl print on it IMO

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Plastidip would wear off quick if your boot touches anything other than your peg. Go with rhinestones
It's just as durable as paint if you do it right. Probably more durable.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I must have done my buddies rims wayy wrong then cuz after 3 months theres some chrome showing in places. First time usoing the stuff tho

1 - 10 of 10 Posts