Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
VIP Mofo
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I painted the inside only, using plastic paint from Wal-Mart. I like how it turned out.

·
Respect My Authority!
574 Posts
Looks good. What specific paint did you use? What did you use to line off the unpainted area? Any hints or lessons learned?

·
VIP Mofo
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll get the name of the paint the next time I go out to the shop. I just used masking tape to tape the edges off and newspaper for the big parts. I put a bunch of thin layers on the inside. It took more time to mask everything off than it did to paint.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
Dude, that looks fantastic! :dblthumb
Most people on here that have painted just did the lower half. I like the big "V" you got going on there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
ive been thinking of doing that lately too, but hadnt thought of a design. i like the v shape, it looks good and is simple to mask off. perhaps i shall do mine in a similar manner :)
probably the best paint for the job would be krylon fusion, it is made specifically for plastics like this.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
killernoodle said:
Looks even faster now! :)

I REALLY like it, I might just do it to mine.
Almost as fast as the blue FZ6

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
That's what I want to do, except I'm going to do a mirrored blue where you left it clear.

What'd you do at the point of the "V"?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Punch bug beige!!!!

·
VIP Mofo
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I taped the shape I wanted using the Yamaha sticker as a reference for the bottom. Where the tape came together was the point. I'll take some close up shots later and maybe make a diagram to give a little better detail.

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
04Fizzer said:
That's what I want to do, except I'm going to do a mirrored blue where you left it clear.
That's what I'm still waiting to see. Get to work man! That would look sweet with my black n' blue fairings. Are you planning on doing the blue inside the V all the way up? Or are you going to leave a clear section?

·
Street racing hooligan
146 Posts
Nice, very nice. I like that a lot. Good job

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
crx81 said:
That's what I'm still waiting to see. Get to work man! That would look sweet with my black n' blue fairings. Are you planning on doing the blue inside the V all the way up? Or are you going to leave a clear section?
It's going to be the whole section (I'm not that good with paint to do otherwise).

It's scheduled for Thursday. It's the first time I could get together with the guy who has the airbrush (the only way I can do the chrome).

·
Registered
341 Posts
Did you use one of those plastic spray handle thingies or just hold down the nozzle head? I have been wanting to do that to my windshield, but i dont want a runny finish. Did that plastic spray paint run any and how easy is it to get an even coat?

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Aburke27 said:
Did you use one of those plastic spray handle thingies or just hold down the nozzle head? I have been wanting to do that to my windshield, but i dont want a runny finish. Did that plastic spray paint run any and how easy is it to get an even coat?
Just do several LIGHT coats. It won't run if you do it that way.

The plastic spray handles only change the ergonomics of your hand. They' dont' effect how the paint goes on (but it sure makes it a lot more comfortable!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dude did you paint the inside or the outside? If it was the inside, did you have any scratches? The inside of my screen has quite a few scratches, I always put my parking ticket down there, and when I dig it out I scratched it, probably three times before I noticed. They don't seem to polish out so I wonder if the paint on the inside will hide them?

·
WYPIWYG
497 Posts
I like the design. I want to check to see if there is a silver paint close to the Cerulean to do the inside. Maybe see what that looks like.

Looks good dude.

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
:eek: you made it look like a yamaha.... :eek:nfloor

:dblthumb very clean and professional looking

1 - 20 of 31 Posts