Discussion Starter #3
joberly said:
Looks good... what did you use?
350 Grit wet sand
600 Grit wet sand
American Traditions Clear Plastic Primer x 2 coats
600 Grit wet sand
American traditions Gloss Black Top Coat x 3 coats

Not clear coated, I just didn't like the rash so I had to paint it up. I'm gonna have a pro do it this winter.

·
Banned
611 Posts
is there a clear coat if so u should get this finish masters polish stuff that takes the orange peel out of the paint i paint alot ive painted my truck, you can see it in this picture fourm . no offence but there is bad bad orange peel on that thing. that stuff should clear most of it up. its white, and in a cylinder bottle its liek 30 bucks. jsut go to a paint store they should have it. hers my truck i painted btw.

Attachments

·
Registered
601 Posts
What store do you you purchase your paints at? I have some primed race plastics that i want to paint high gloss black. Also is this a paint can job or did you use a spray gun?

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Paint can, I know about the orange peal, you cant expect much when your fairings are hanging from clothes lines in the back yard :D I'll look into that clear coat. I may just have a local body shop shoot a coat of clear and then buff em up real good.

No offense taking first attempt at painting anything this big before.

Didn't paint them yellow cause Honda Pearl Yellow doesn't exactly come in a spray can @ Lowes Super Store

·
Banned
611 Posts
o ok, you did it with spray paint? not out of an air gun , i understand the orange peel now. lol jsut have a body shop strip and shoot the side and lowers for you it would cost hardly anythign becuase there so small. mabey 100 bucks. if that.

·
Registered
981 Posts
if u dont like the orange peel, just paint it with flat black, and then shoot some clear over it (if ur wanting to use cans). the gloss colors in can form dont really allow for u to get rid of orange peel)

·
Banned
611 Posts
BuRn__ said:
if u dont like the orange peel, just paint it with flat black, and then shoot some clear over it (if ur wanting to use cans). the gloss colors in can form dont really allow for u to get rid of orange peel)
sure they do if you knwo how to paint wiht a can , its not sjut as easy as spray and go. like mos tpeopel think. but it does take practice.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Im impressed considering the prep work you put into it. At that price, keep practicing...
lookin good so far.

·
Banned
611 Posts
HamsFZ6 said:
That's the best lookin' Buckin' Bronco II I've seen...Nice job!!!
Thanks. it took a good while, then i fliped it over haha , time to do it all voer again.

·
Registered
11 Posts
personaly i think the bike looks like crap and i would have rather rode with the rashed fairings !! or better yet just painted them yellow like home boy said above !! just my 2 cents if you want me to be honest

·
Banned
1,553 Posts
It doesn't look that bad.

·
Banned
611 Posts
dont be mad, and a bad sport becuase u like every one and there grand-mas owns a gsx R. not all of us can have a honda, I forgive you.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Redline600 said:
dont be mad, and a bad sport becuase u like every one and there grand-mas owns a gsx R. not all of us can have a honda, I forgive you.

Haha, yeah for his first post it was a little assnine. Anyway if he had read the post he'd see why I hadn't painted it yellow.

Like he said we cant all have honda's and we forgive you.

·
Banned
611 Posts
haha , good show old chap . honda always the best running bike. and voted number one all around 600, by many magizines. only complaint by anyone is that god damn PLYWOOD seat. and tis a fatty 600 370 lbs. but i found enough stuff to take of my bike to bring it to about 360

1 - 20 of 26 Posts