Sport Bikes banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone bought a paint kit to paint their fairings or belly pans? If so, where did you buy it from?

I found Color-Rite.com and CycleColor.com sell kits, but their prices seem a little high to me. I'm going to need to paint my belly pan, so I'm not going to need a lot of paint.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
RBC827 said:
Has anyone bought a paint kit to paint their fairings or belly pans? If so, where did you buy it from?

I found Color-Rite.com and CycleColor.com sell kits, but their prices seem a little high to me. I'm going to need to paint my belly pan, so I'm not going to need a lot of paint.
I've had some really good results from PJ1 paints. Specifically their Fast Black Hard Epoxy paint. Guess it depends what colors you're planning to use.

http://www.pjhbrands.com/

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to paint the belly pan Silver to match the bike, but with a little black in it. If I could figure out how to post pictures, I would show you a photoshop picture of my idea.

·
Registered
858 Posts
RBC827 said:

I have used several cans of the Color-Rite stuff from the spray cans and have to say am happy with the color match and so far been holding up well, here are some pics from last year after I did the front fender, rear hugger, front cowl so no more purple blue on my bike :banana

Attachments

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, that does look good. Did you spray clear coat on top of the paint too? Do you think a can of the spray would be enough to cover a belly pan?

·
Registered
858 Posts
RBC827 said:
Wow, that does look good. Did you spray clear coat on top of the paint too? Do you think a can of the spray would be enough to cover a belly pan?
Yes there is a few clear coats on top of it, there system is a 2 part process the base coats of color then the clear coats. Which belly pan ?? small one of the full fairing ?? I would say a single can should be enough for a a few coats of color on the smaller Yamaha size belly pan, but if it was me i get 2 cans of color just in case you mess up and want to color sand it down and do it over again before the final clear coats :D

·
Ride Naked
3,324 Posts
RBC827 said:
I want to paint the belly pan Silver to match the bike, but with a little black in it. If I could figure out how to post pictures, I would show you a photoshop picture of my idea.
Click on "advanced" to attach photos. What color is the pan you have now?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is what the belly pan looks like, and here is how I want to paint it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a question it is kind of subject. Are the rear tail signal lights supposed to stay on? Do they come on only when signaling? I noticed mine to stay off, in contrary to my front signal light that stay on all the time just like the head light. Any comment is appreciated.
Thank you.

·
Theres no I in threesome
6,118 Posts
The rear light should be on whenever the key is turned on. You might have a blown out fuse or bulb. Check the bulb to see if one of the filaments is gone.

EDIT: oh, no, the rear SIGNAL lights shouldn't be on when the bike is on. They are 2 wire single filament lights whereas the fronts are dual filament 3-wire signal/running lights. Dont worry about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts