Sport Bikes banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just noticed that I have a pebble size chip on my gas tank right by the outer edge of the gas cap.... this bike is brand new. Not sure how it got there... Any suggestions on how to get it fixed???? Please help.... Thanks

Charles

·
at the track
3,121 Posts
Buy some touch up paint, if you think its a factory defect, take it to the dealer.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How thick will the touch up paint be?? I think I can actually see metal of the tank.... is it ok to put the touch up paint on there just like that? or will I need something else?

·
You got that right.
10,228 Posts
If its on the cap itself, you might want to look into getting a replacement cap or a carbon fiber cap decal.

·
I own license2ill
5,679 Posts
If it is to metal you will have to repaint the whole tank to keep it from rusting.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dennisred69 said:
If it is to metal you will have to repaint the whole tank to keep it from rusting.

That's what I was afraid of..... :urowned

I have no idea how that stupid chip even got there!! This sucks.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Touch up paint , its your best defence , it wont be perfect nut you just have to suck it up and realize that stuff like that happens and most chicks wont thing any different of you if you have a paint chip

·
Registered
426 Posts
If you want it to be perfect "10" your gonna have to repaint the whole tank. But if you get one of those touch up markers or little thing of touch up paint you could protect the metal and no one would probably notice it but you.

·
old member
13,079 Posts
Color-Rite sells touch up "sticks" which work fairly well for small dings and chips. Depending on the type of paint you have, there may be as many as three "layers". Mine included a base, color, and clear coat. It will always be noticeable (at least to you), but will stop the rust. The color match is quite good as Color-Rite is what all the dealers recommend.

http://www.color-rite.com/

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cool.. Thanks for the link Ray!!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ordered the paint pen and the clearcoat pen. Now to see how it works!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts