Sport Bikes banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every weekend when we ride around there's always someone that'll come up and tell us about the Suzuki Ninja 1600 they own that would walk on whatever bike they see. It's expected.

but this weekend a guy comes up and hangs out for a few minutes in a mesh jacket and Joe Rocket pants. Even had gloves in his pocket. So I assume he's new and I don't recognize which bike is his.

So I ask. And dude proceeds to tell me he just bought a Busa as his first bike, but laid it down earlier that day. So now I figured he's waiting for a tow, or something.

No, he's going to the club with his girl. In riding gear, although he took a car downtown. Not just a jacket (i've seen that fairly common) but even had riding pants on. That he wore driving downtown in a car..................

Needless to say he got brushed off pretty well and was a punchline for the rest of the evening. We invited him to ride on saturday night, but of course he never showed up.

Okay, I was put off by people that couldn't tell a KX from a CR suddenly wearing Fox motocross jerseys. but what the heck, I had to quit racing and still wear my Thor jersey on occasion.
But here's a guy in more gear than most real riders bother to wear, strutting around a club in his Rocket gear with no bike to be seen- and very likely no bike at all either.

GRRRRRR.

·
Banned
912 Posts
I have seen a dude driving in his car wearing his helmet! I think he was just messen around. Looked dam funny!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lived in Hawaii for awhile we used to see that all the time, what was funnier was the cowboy gear complete with chaps and a competition number on the back of his shirt.
NO brains NO headaches. If you watch people long enough they are bound to do something stupid.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
just think of somebody with alpinestars jacket and gloves and a shoei helmet ridin a 250 rebel!!! yeah they laugh now but wait till i get my gixxer back... :twofinger

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thats absolutely moronish!

·
what R you lookin' at?
5,313 Posts
takes posing to a whole new level...........sad.

·
rectal rooter
482 Posts
i cant even believe that. thats just recockulous

·
Registered
558 Posts
yea.. at least he was posing safe..

·
Registered
149 Posts
no gear ,one bike,alotta gear,no bike,Allota gear alotta bike,are you people ever satisfied? :twofinger
Just playing :leghump
+1 To safe posing:headbang

·
I am MOTARDED
3,089 Posts
the great ESKIMO said:
just think of somebody with alpinestars jacket and gloves and a shoei helmet ridin a 250 rebel!!! yeah they laugh now but wait till i get my gixxer back... :twofinger
I wouldnt think its funny atleast you have sence to wear gear. I seen a dude the other day on a 600rr with a icon jacket, gloves, shorts, flip flops and a chrome bennie. :eek:

·
#1 Gear Nazi
4,748 Posts
Me and my friends would sometimes wear our helmets driving home in our cars from AutoX and Drag events. It's funny the way people look at you, especially when there is a group of a 6 or 7 of you all in a line wearing helmets.

·
Aww cinnamon an' gravy!
107 Posts
R6JUNKIE said:
I wouldnt think its funny atleast you have sence to wear gear. I seen a dude the other day on a 600rr with a icon jacket, gloves, shorts, flip flops and a chrome bennie. :eek:
I've never understood the no helmet with jacket thing. Whats the point unless ya just wan't to die and leave a really good looking corpse (well your torso at least).
:confused:

·
Sportbike.net junkie
1,242 Posts
R6JUNKIE said:

thats just what i want to do, wear a chrome dome. he'd look pretty funny with no skin on his legs but his upper body without a scratch! oooouuuch!! :hshot

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.