Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Site Sponsor
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my bout to end World Peace (err....achieve?), We are trying to help unite the East saaaiiid and the West saaaiiid. Party this Saturday at Casa del 'Hopper, all afternoon, as long as the beer holds out at night. It's a bit of a skirmish for the boys from KCMO, but it's a nice ride. I live near the intersections of 56 hwy and 75 hwy. All are invited for beer, Brats and Burgers. Come down and meet the Topeka Crowd, and hopefully a few out-of-towners. PM for exact directions.

The 'hopper

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
ok that sounds a bit vague. is this an afternoon thing or night thing or both?? then there is that "nice ride" you stuck in there. furthermore you told me next saturday :dunno

the real funny thing is, i just talked to you 5 minutes ago

·
Site Sponsor
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Seems (according to the other half) that we're starting around 2pm and going as long as the beer or the neighbors hold out. If anyone but me goes to jail..it's still 'game on'. If I go to jail..it'll probly still be 'game on'. If the wife goes to jail..it'll DEFINITELY be GAAAMEE OOOONNN.

I live right smack in the middle between middle of nowhere and beyond nowhere. The town is Carbondale, Ks. It's 9 miles south of Heartland Park Racetrack in Topeka on Topeka Boulevard. To get to my house, you can go to Mapquest and at the bottom of the page get driving directions from whatever address you are at to my house.. From Sonic in Overland Park, it will take approximately 1 hour to ride at 55mph to my house. From the Toll booth on I70, if you ride sane, it will take approximately 45 mins to ride to the homestead.

The party is THIS Saturday (August 28th). The TopekaSportriders.com group is heading down in the late afternoon, and if anyone wants to make a day of it, I could probly arrange a meeting spot for someone to help get you down here.

We've got beer, brats, some burgers, mainly going to be just a hangout for the groups and a meet-the-Topeka/KC/whoever guys type of deal. I'll clean off the pool table, get out the washers and horseshoes...just come and have a good time.

Looks like the weather is going to be cooperating (sort of..). 75 degrees, 30% chance of showers early in the day, clearing off in the early afternoon to a low of 57 that night. Humidity at 82%, winds from the north at 11mph.

Not really sure how much more details I can give you.

Phil

·
You will be missed Shawn
6,508 Posts
well, I know we will be coming to Topeka, but it will probably be late late late (as in around 1100 pm or so), so, I don't know if we will see you or not, but either way, have a good time...

·
Combat Marshmellow
13,132 Posts
that's just great - another friggen party after i've left
:angry :mad: :boid :chair

·
F'ckin Videographer, I is
882 Posts
badgixxer said:
that's just great - another friggen party after i've left
Clay who ???? ........ just kidding
:twofinger So post some beautiful scenery from the mountains and shit will ya... you jaggoff :lol

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
zts gixx said:
I will try and make it but no guarantee's. I'm always up for :alky woo-hoo :headbang

you're drivin.... :)

·
Registered
531 Posts
Nope, not me. I'll be ------------> :alky and -------> :bananafu: all night long. :twofinger

·
Site Sponsor
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks like rain for Saturday early....80% chance before noon...30% after noon. Supposed to be clearin up late evening/Early Sunday to a PERFECT day on Sunday to ride. The beer has been delivered and is on ICE, we got hit by lightning yesterday which fried some electronics at the house, but I"m going to try to get the big screen upstairs...lookin for some bike videos.

Phil

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
got hit by lightning eh? damn. our basement started leaking from all of the rain. that was fun...

·
Site Sponsor
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We got over 3 inches on tuesday, and then another 2.5 last night (with a tornado 3 miles south of us), and for the first time in recorded history since we built the house...the basement DIDNT' flood. In the midst of our celebration that we wouldn't have to work on anything to get it ready for Saturday, we got hit by lightning which took out some electronics....god hates me.

Phil

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
Grashopr said:
We got over 3 inches on tuesday, and then another 2.5 last night (with a tornado 3 miles south of us), and for the first time in recorded history since we built the house...the basement DIDNT' flood. In the midst of our celebration that we wouldn't have to work on anything to get it ready for Saturday, we got hit by lightning which took out some electronics....god hates me.

Phil

hate him back....works for me

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
Grashopr said:
god is a woman.

i wouldnt go that far, then we really would be in hell :lol

·
Site Sponsor
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've had a few peeps PM me saying that they would like to have someone meet their group in S. Topeka so they dont have to try to figure out directions on the bikes. So instead of trying to find the joint, if you make it to South Topeka Boulevard, just stop at a Gas Station and call the house (785-836-7733) or the Cell (640-0606) and someone will meet you and get you where it's at.

Weather is cooperating again, AM showers, clear the rest of the night. I'm still tryin to get the Brass Poles connected at the Ceiling, but I think the strippers should be able to use them without them being secured if they are really good.....

Phil

·
I TOLD YA...
4,670 Posts
hold up, back the fuckin truck up here. are you saying there is going to be strippers there?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts