Sport Bikes banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you would like to no longer see the P&R subforum, please send me a PM.

While vBulletin does support user-controlled subforum selection, I have been unsuccessful in getting it implemented here. Instead, I can make a change on the user level to prevent you from seeing anything in the P&R subforum if you so choose.

This is the best we can do for now. I know many of you would like P&R to go away, but doing that would most likely make things worse.

Thanks.

·
runnin dis bish
2,024 Posts
I hope mod's PM boxes are unlimited, I expect it to be full of requests :)

While I never post in there, I read it a lot, once I skip past the personal BS, I usually learn something.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No problem with the PMs.

I should also mention that if you request this, and then start a thread anywhere else on the forum that belongs in P&R, it will be moved there and you won't be able to see it or post in it. This is a two way street. If you don't want to see P&R here, then you can't start P&R discussions anywhere else on this forum.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
That is great, I think the P&R section is causing the loss of actual sport bike enthusiast members. The only thing gained by keeping the P&R section is attracting more loonies and chasing away members that actually want to talk about motorcycles. This will however not help attract new members though since they will continue to see the "crazy" forum section and think twice about becoming an active member since a big chunk of the new posts each day have NOTHING to do with motorcycles.

I know I did not sign up on this forum back in 2008 to read countless posts of how the government is out to get people and how aliens live in my nose and control my thoughts, etc. I truly believe the P&R forum section is why the contributing members have dropped like a rock over the past few years.

It is not because of twitter, etc. Hell look at the adventure rider forum, they have so much activity there it is ridiculous and they do not have a site full of fruit cake conspiracy theorists. (They do have a few darkside nuts though lol.)

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The thing that the P&R section is really good at is keeping P&R out of the rest of the forum. If we didn't have that section we'd have one of two things:

1) A forum overrun with political and religious debate or
2) The need for a lot more moderation to prevent people from talking about politics and religion.

·
Registered
917 Posts
I should also mention that if you request this, and then start a thread anywhere else on the forum that belongs in P&R, it will be moved there and you won't be able to see it or post in it. This is a two way street. If you don't want to see P&R here, then you can't start P&R discussions anywhere else on this forum.
If an OP makes a legitimate motorcycle post that gets overrun with P&R discussion, can they request to have it kept in the original forum, or moved back to the original forum, if the controversial posts get deleted? Obviously a moderator would have to delete the posts for the OP.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would try to separate the topics and send the P&R posts to a new thread in P&R. I hate deleting users' posts.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Can you just make the P&R forum a private forum so only those that want to post in it will have to request permission? That way those of us that want to be here for motorcycles will never see it and those here that want to post conspiracy theories will have their own private section that the government and the lizard people can not spy on because it is hidden.

I think that would be more helpful because the majority of existing and potential new members will only see motorcycle related topics and the "special" members will have their own secret club section like the "illuminati" that no one can see but them. (It may also help protect them from T H E M).

Seriously though, that may be the way to do it. You kill 2 birds with one stone, the private forum section only shows up in new posts if you are in that section and the majority of members that do not want to read the paranoia will never know it is there.

·
Premium Member
45,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's another option we could use, if this way isn't enough.

Another option would be for you to make more motorcycle related threads to bump P&R off the front page of new posts. ;)

edit - though right now, of the 22 threads I see on the first page, 13 are in motorcycle related subforums and only one is P&R. :shrug

·
AKA Mark S.
5,987 Posts
That is great, I think the P&R section is causing the loss of actual sport bike enthusiast members. The only thing gained by keeping the P&R section is attracting more loonies and chasing away members that actually want to talk about motorcycles. This will however not help attract new members though since they will continue to see the "crazy" forum section and think twice about becoming an active member since a big chunk of the new posts each day have NOTHING to do with motorcycles.

I know I did not sign up on this forum back in 2008 to read countless posts of how the government is out to get people and how aliens live in my nose and control my thoughts, etc. I truly believe the P&R forum section is why the contributing members have dropped like a rock over the past few years.

It is not because of twitter, etc. Hell look at the adventure rider forum, they have so much activity there it is ridiculous and they do not have a site full of fruit cake conspiracy theorists. (They do have a few darkside nuts though lol.)
Dude Church State and Money??? No such activity!! Are you reading or just looking at the pictures? Nobody here forces you to go to that page, just skip it and read other things on this forum, but don't think that if you don't like it that it should be removed!!!!

Reactions: PhilB

·
AKA Mark S.
5,987 Posts
Reactions: PhilB
1 - 20 of 35 Posts